Babbitts Suzuki Partshouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Babbitts Suzuki Partshouse

Any bad (or good) news to report about "Babbitts Suzuki Partshouse"?

It's been years, and I can't remember anything about the transactions. I'll be ordering both mirrors ($54.35 each) and an engine emblem ($15.31). All three parts have identical part #s for '82 and '83.

I know I might be able to save a few pennies if I checked out all the others (Partzilla, Outlaw, etc.) but I've already got all the Babbitt's numbers and prices written down for both years. One thing I'll be doing new is phoning and attempting to place the order with a real live human. System kept kicking out my orders, maybe it was my address, credit card #, who knows.

Maybe I'll even get lucky and the person on the other end will have the parts in front of them and tell me what they look like. I expect the mirrors to be black plastic, but wouldn't be surprised if the emblem is bare metal and needs painting.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
    Any bad (or good) news to report about "Babbitts Suzuki Partshouse"?

It's been years, and I can't remember anything about the transactions. I'll be ordering both mirrors ($54.35 each) and an engine emblem ($15.31). All three parts have identical part #s for '82 and '83.

I know I might be able to save a few pennies if I checked out all the others (Partzilla, Outlaw, etc.) but I've already got all the Babbitt's numbers and prices written down for both years. One thing I'll be doing new is phoning and attempting to place the order with a real live human. System kept kicking out my orders, maybe it was my address, credit card #, who knows.

Maybe I'll even get lucky and the person on the other end will have the parts in front of them and tell me what they look like. I expect the mirrors to be black plastic, but wouldn't be surprised if the emblem is bare metal and needs painting.
    The shop I work at uses Babbit's after Bike Bandit refused a refund or something. I doubt they actually have any parts sitting in front of them. They all do the same thing and get the parts from the manufacturer. If a part is on back order, it wont matter who you order it from, it's on back order for everyone. Babbit's is an actual dealership like Partsoutlaw, which is really Deland Motorsports, a Suzuki dealer about 15 miles north of me.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Last winter I placed a fairly large order ($300) with SuzukiPartsHouse (Babbitts) after shopping all the online parts places, prices + shipping seemed to be the best or at least real close to others. I had my online cart full and ready to order. Then I had an idea to call and talk to someone. I did. Explained this would be my first order with them. The CS on the phone gave me a discount code for 10% off my first order. That more that covered the shipping. I was happy. When I got my order, there were some back ordered items (expected) and some missing items (unexpected). It took me a few emails and phone calls over a few weeks to get straightened out. I chalked it up to the bad winter storms in their part of MI at the time, when people were having trouble just getting to work. After I finally got everything I ordered, I got an email letter from Eddie Babbitt apologizing for my order being "affected by some changes made to our warehouse procedures, as well as extreme weather conditions", promised corrections have been made and gave me another promo code for 10% off. Good deal.

I believe the worth of a company is in how they handle problems when they arise. I will order from them again. Now, if the next order gets screwed up, then I'll go elsewhere.
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I live a couple miles from Babbit's so I'm familiar with the people who work there. The only reason I would go there is because I'm passing it anyway. The employees are a mix of people from my experience. Never dealt with service, but I can tell you the parts counter guys aren't the most knowledgeable. I really hate putting anyone down, that's not my thing. Just don't expect them to be any help technically speaking. They will act like they know exactly what they are talking about and waste your time. That's my experience. That being said, they are always very friendly and have gone out of their way to make things right. Just figure out what you need beforehand and don't let them sway you. They definitely won't have anything you need in stock. Ever.
        1983 GS750ES WITH UNI PODS, 4-1 KERKER
        We can rebuild her. We have the technology.

Comment

Originally posted by EDGECRUSHER View Post
          I live a couple miles from Babbit's so I'm familiar with the people who work there. The only reason I would go there is because I'm passing it anyway. The employees are a mix of people from my experience. Never dealt with service, but I can tell you the parts counter guys aren't the most knowledgeable. I really hate putting anyone down, that's not my thing. Just don't expect them to be any help technically speaking. They will act like they know exactly what they are talking about and waste your time. That's my experience. That being said, they are always very friendly and have gone out of their way to make things right. Just figure out what you need beforehand and don't let them sway you. They definitely won't have anything you need in stock. Ever.
          This is why I use them (or have in the past)....local to me. But......this thread is reminding me of a negative review I posted on their feedback machine, my most recent parts order from them was missing the exhaust gaskets I needed, I tried to get them 4 times, twice in person and twice on the phone, each time I was starting over with whoever I was dealing with. I STILL don't have the stupid gaskets, I pretty quickly ordered them off ebay and had them in hand 3 days later....I still need to follow up and get a refund for the parts.....

I got an apologetic email, but no parts and no refund.

Also, their shipping prices are notoriously HIGHer than snoop dogg on april 20th.

So, no, I can't recommend Babbitts.
          1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Originally posted by EDGECRUSHER View Post
            I live a couple miles from Babbit's ..............
            Oh ! Hi!

(and there is Greg also)

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I am also about 20 miles from Babbitts. (bought my 82 GS650G there yeeeeeaaaarrs ago)

Have been there in recent years, in one corner of the dealer is a small office with the "Partshouse" logo, and I have wondered how such could be operated out of such a small office. Could look in and see 1 or sometimes 2 people in there. One time I asked and he said, oh, no, that operation is in that separate warehouse over there, <pointing>, is 20 to 25 people there sorting orders every day.

I think the counter people in the dealer have nothing to do with it. Well, other than if you order for counter pick up, the bag of your parts go over there.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Almost $40 shipping on a $120 order!
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Did you tell them to pound sand?
                  Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                    Did you tell them to pound sand?
                    No. They charge by the pound.

I checked out some other sites (Partzilla, Revzilla, Bike Bandit); none were cheaper, some were a dollar more per part. Never took it all the way to shipping costs, though. I guess I should.

Comment

Poke around locally -- there are many Suzuki dealers who have set up a similar online OEM parts stores, so maybe you can find one nearby and get the best of both worlds.

I use https://www.onlinecycleparts.com/ They're actually a large dealer located in a suburb of Indianapolis, maybe 20 minutes from my house.

Prices are about the same as any other, but they're local, so I can choose "will call" and pick up my goodies in person when they arrive. This saves on shipping, plus I get to take a nice ride and slobber on some new bikes. Supporting a local business is also nice.

Plus, they have always actually called me when my parts arrive. I cannot overstate how rare that is; I don't think I've EVER ordered parts anywhere that actually bothered to call when they were supposed to. They seem to be pretty well-organized. I've had backorders a few times, and they called me to check and offer a solution.

In any case, even if you're not from around here, I can highly recommend https://www.onlinecycleparts.com/

Also, if you call or visit a dealer and you have to wake up the parts monkeys, you're going to pay full parts prices. The reason you get a discount online is that they don't have to answer questions or look up parts. If you can't figure things out on your own, expect to pay for the added level of service.
                      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

No. They charge by the pound.

I checked out some other sites (Partzilla, Revzilla, Bike Bandit); none were cheaper, some were a dollar more per part. Never took it all the way to shipping costs, though. I guess I should.
                        Have you checked Parts Outlaw? Their prices are among the least-expensive, and yeah, they have the typical two-week wait time of most of the online vendors, but their standard shipping is a flat-rate $9.99. Right now, though, they are having a promo on shipping. If you enter the code that is easily found at the top of every one of their web pages (OUTLAW19), shipping is a flat-rate $4.99. There are a few larger items that do not qualify for the cheaper rate, but they are few and far between.

sigpic
                        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                        Family Portrait
                        Siblings and Spouses
                        Mom's first ride
                        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          Have you checked Parts Outlaw? Their prices are among the least-expensive, and yeah, they have the typical two-week wait time of most of the online vendors, but their standard shipping is a flat-rate $9.99. Right now, though, they are having a promo on shipping. If you enter the code that is easily found at the top of every one of their web pages (OUTLAW19), shipping is a flat-rate $4.99. There are a few larger items that do not qualify for the cheaper rate, but they are few and far between.

Thanks much!

Each part was at least a dollar less and shipping was $9.99 total!

Thanks again!

Comment

Thanks much!

Each part was at least a dollar less and shipping was $9.99 total!

Thanks again!
                            Why didn't you enter the code?

You could have saved another $5.

sigpic
                            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride
                            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks for the reminder!

I haven't pulled the trigger yet - have to wait for funds transfer tomorrow AM. Will definitely do as you suggest and save another $5. Every penny counts.

Many thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X