No announcement yet.

Babbitts Suzuki Partshouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered a new petcock valve from Parts Outlaw (thanks Steve for the heads up on the $4.99 shipping) on a Sunday a couple of weeks ago, and received it that Friday! Fastest I ever received a part from any of the parts vendors. 5 business days.
    Steedracer
    Brentwood, TN

1980 GS1100LT......
    1974 Yamaha DT360 Enduro
    1975 Kawasaki KE125
    1973 Kawasaki G4TR
    1967 Honda Cub 50

Comment

You lucked out by getting something they actually had in stock.

Anything they have to order from a warehouse (probably 90+% of all orders) will take another week for them to get it from the warehouse, then ship it to you.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Delivery times can vary based upon the timing of your order. Many dealers will place a single order with the parts warehouse once a week, to maximize the dollars per order get the best discount. If you happen to place your order with them the day of the week they order, you'll get your parts in probably five to seven working days. If you place it 10 minutes after they place their weekly order, it may take over two weeks to get your order.

If the US warehouse is on backorder from Japan (or, more and more often, China or Vietnam) for your part, then all bets are off on delivery time.
        sigpic

SUZUKI:
        1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
        HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
        KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
        YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
          Poke around locally -- there are many Suzuki dealers who have set up a similar online OEM parts stores, so maybe you can find one nearby and get the best of both worlds.

I use https://www.onlinecycleparts.com/ They're actually a large dealer located in a suburb of Indianapolis, maybe 20 minutes from my house.

Prices are about the same as any other, but they're local, so I can choose "will call" and pick up my goodies in person when they arrive. This saves on shipping, plus I get to take a nice ride and slobber on some new bikes. Supporting a local business is also nice.

Plus, they have always actually called me when my parts arrive. I cannot overstate how rare that is; I don't think I've EVER ordered parts anywhere that actually bothered to call when they were supposed to. They seem to be pretty well-organized. I've had backorders a few times, and they called me to check and offer a solution.

In any case, even if you're not from around here, I can highly recommend https://www.onlinecycleparts.com/

Also, if you call or visit a dealer and you have to wake up the parts monkeys, you're going to pay full parts prices. The reason you get a discount online is that they don't have to answer questions or look up parts. If you can't figure things out on your own, expect to pay for the added level of service.
          Thanks for the heads-up. Need another source other than Partzilla or Bike Bandit.
          1978 GS1000E
          1980 GS1000S (Wes Cooley Replica)
          1981 GS1100E
          1982 GS1100E
          1982 GS1000SZ
          1983 GS1100ED
          1983 GS1100ESD
          1978 Honda CB750K
          1981 Honda CB900F

Comment

When going through my GS last spring I had a lot of small parts I was ordering from Parts Outlaw. They were cheapest and so I tried them out for the first time. I started to get a little irritated with them because my first order was taking quite awhile. What I had done is made a first order and about two weeks later I ordered a second batch of parts. They must have been keeping track because they held back my first order and shipped it with the second so it took almost a month to get anything. They had still charged me shipping for each order which I felt was BS. Everything I ordered fit in a box about 6"x6"x6". Small stuff. And my first order had things I needed to progress at that point on my project. I really should have called them out on it but I have better things to do with my time. If they have something someone else doesn't have I'll order but that first experience soured my impression of them so I don't care to order from them if I don't have to. It's bad enough having to wait two weeks but a month? That's one thing I can't stand about working on these bikes. I've purchased o-ring assortments from McMaster Carr just so I don't have to pay a ridiculous price and wait for some silly o-rings. Unfortunately most suzuki o-rings are not standard sizes that you can find in industry. I try to find other alternatives for parts where I can also, but it doesn't happen often, unfortunately.
            1983 GS750ES WITH UNI PODS, 4-1 KERKER
            We can rebuild her. We have the technology.

Comment

Not to mention I had ordered a fork valve which is basically a real thin aluminum washer and it came bent in half. That was pointless.
              1983 GS750ES WITH UNI PODS, 4-1 KERKER
              We can rebuild her. We have the technology.

Comment

Working...
              X