BSB cool, but Cadwell Park? WOW!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSB cool, but Cadwell Park? WOW!!!

Incredible track, with a hump called The Mountain where bikes get airborn. Very narrow track, with huge elevation changes up and down beautiful green grass hills.
    Anybody done a track day there??
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

That is a very cool track. I tried to watch a season or two of BSB, but whatever channel I found it on didn't really keep up with the season. Quite often they'd show races from previous years or something.

So anyway. Yeah. I love watching them catch air over the mountain. Quite often, not even upright when they do it.
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

If you can find a copy of BSB 2000, some great battles between Chris Walker ("the stalker") on the SRAD & Neil Hodgsen on a hand me down 99 Duc.
      My VHS player still works.
      GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

I watch BSB on ITV.com - WSB too.
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
          My VHS player still works.
          Yes, but has there been a British super bike in over half a century?
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
            Shame on your ignorant soul. Did you know that the Triumph provides the spec engine for Moto 2??
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
              Shame on your ignorant soul. Did you know that the Triumph provides the spec engine for Moto 2??
              Hmm...obviously not.

I've never ridden a Triumph. I was intrigued by the rebirth of the company, especially when I read about the Speed Triple (20 years ago, now?)

But I remember very well the mid '70's, when I started street riding. Rode with a guy who had a Trident. Heard about the problems, saw the bike close up, and decided I was glad I had my Honda CB350.

Thanks for the CW article.
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
                  The men who ride the Isle of Man TT are not human. They are superior beings from another planet. They probably brought those bikes with them.

Comment

1992 steve hislop won the senior tt on the "white charger" Norton rotary one of the best tt's ever between foggy and hislop

The Norton was hitting 200 mph on a very limited budget two years before anyone else
                    The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
                    1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
                    past bikes. RF900
                    TL1000s
                    Hayabusa
                    gsx 750f x2
                    197cc Francis Barnett
                    various British nails

Comment

You got to remember how old I am. For me, the first "superbike" was the CB 750. Then, for 20 years, nothing much below a liter qualified. I'm not talking about racing, track day or anything like that.

I'm aware of MotoGP, Moto2, and the newer "American Superbike" class. I guess the usage has changed from street lingo, Cycle World covers to official racing classes.

Comment

How'd we remember your age?

Comment

How you gonna document street terms? We got "Superbike" from racing organizations, not from kids at the drive in…

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                            How you gonna document street terms? We got "Superbike" from racing organizations, not from kids at the drive in…
                            Didn't Honda coin the term in it's original ad for the 1968 750/4? Didn't it say something like, "If this is your year for a superbike..."?

Comment

What a beauty of a track. Just mowing all that grass has got to be a major job in itself.
                              1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Working...
                              X