SE Rally routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SE Rally routes

Would anyone still have the routes that were used back when the Southeast rallies out of Robbinsville were being held? I'm interested in the routes taking 28, War Woman rd etc.

Thanks.
    1983 GS750 E - gone forever
    Yamaha FJ-09 - My retirement Bike (For when I retire)
    1996 Honda XR-600R - a Man's bike
    2007 Suzuki DR 200SE - Oh Yeah
    2005 Yamaha TR125 - Little Man's bike

I rummaged around a bit and found the following from 2007. Bear in mind many of the businesses mentioned are gone or changed, of course. And these may or may not be of any help for the routes you have in mind.

The following is not much help for your quest, but the following photo galleries from the NC rallies are a fun blast from the past:

Nowadays, I usually use gpsies.com to create routes online and then load the GPX files into my Android phone running Locus, an offline mapping app (no data connection is needed; the maps and routes are stored on the phone).

Anyway, if you have questions about the routes we used back then, I may be able to dredge up some memories.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Thanks Brian. Man, brings back some great memories.......
      1983 GS750 E - gone forever
      Yamaha FJ-09 - My retirement Bike (For when I retire)
      1996 Honda XR-600R - a Man's bike
      2007 Suzuki DR 200SE - Oh Yeah
      2005 Yamaha TR125 - Little Man's bike

Comment

I don't remember your username. Who did you used to be?
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

I wasn't around the GSR back then, but I can share with you my routes that I just put together for my tentative 5 day extended twisty scenic trip from Parkersburg WV (from Columbus, OH but WV is where the fun starts) down through WV, southwest VA, Eastern TN, Western NC, and then express route to Barber Vintage Festival from the Cherohala Skyway...
          I put half a day so far into plotting familiar roads that I loved in the past, with highly recommended routes, and other roads that I've stalked via satellite and Google Street View that look like decent to fantastic connectors... Primitive camping options marked out, started marking out waterfalls and other scenic stops as well...
          '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
          '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
          '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
          '79 GS425stock
          PROJECTS:
          '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
          '77 GS550 740cc major mods
          '77 GS400 489cc racer build
          '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
          '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

Working...
          X