No announcement yet.

I found a 1983 GS750ED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the brace. Can't make out the brand???

Comment

Originally posted by renorealtors View Post

Thanks.....
      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by renorealtors View Post

I have one of them that turned up attached to a set of L forks which I've never used. I just went to have a look at it, and can find no maker's mark on that one, either. The brace itself is familiar to me from many adverts relating to them 40 years ago, but the name escapes me.
        From what I read at the time, it's one of the better fork braces, and I'll be fitting it soon.

<edit>
        On closer look - it's a TELEFIX!
        ---- Dave
        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
          I have one of them that turned up attached to a set of L forks which I've never used. I just went to have a look at it, and can find no maker's mark on that one, either. The brace itself is familiar to me from many adverts relating to them 40 years ago, but the name escapes me.
          From what I read at the time, it's one of the better fork braces, and I'll be fitting it soon.

<edit>
          On closer look - it's a TELEFIX!
          Oh, I thought you were going to say you’d sell it to me. Lol
          No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
            Oh, I thought you were going to say you’d sell it to me. Lol
            Still available new
            spec II, expansion, chambers, sprockets, tuning, motorcycles, handlebars, bearings, bushings, swingarm, reed, cages, fairing, chassis, clip-ons, clutch, kit, coils, RD, RZ, RZ350, RD350, RZ350, RD400, Daytona, Yamaha, steering, damper, brake, discs, engine, parts, fenders, carbs, carburators, flatslides, Mikuni, jets, main, Kawasaki, handgrips, buttons, Honda, Kawasaki, Hawk, brake, lines, stainless, steel, braided, pads, piston, powerjets, rearsets, porting, crank, work, shocks, Fox, slip-ons, YSR50
            ---- Dave
            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

SS brake lines arrived yesterday...ordered the Sonic fork springs last night (thanks Rich for your help)...Put one of my "Old School" stickers on the tail piece...love it! I can't wait for better weather so that I can go for a serious ride.

Oh and I remembered I had a plate holder from back in the day. Mike's Motorcycles was the shop I bought this bike from brand new back in the spring of 84...he went out of business I believe in the late 80s or early 90s....I have great memories as a teen hanging out in his shop. Unfortunately Mike passed away from Cancer some years ago...he was the reason there were so many Suzukis on the road in Woodstock back then. Thrilled to have his plate cover on my bike.

No signature

Comment

Well I like matching my helmets to my bike....yes, total dork move!
                I found a local guy named Koji....very happy with his work!

No signature

Comment

Very nice, Trevor!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                  GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                  Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                  Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Added new bars and grips...loving the riding position now.

No signature

Comment

I think you're well on your way to recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                        I think you're well on your way to recovery.
                        Lol...thanks...well somedays are better than others for sure. Going to my Aqua Therapy with my kinesiologist this morning and then physio in the afternoon.
                        I really enjoy the aqua therapy...and the hot tub.
                        No signature

Comment

It's a good life if ya don't weaken! And that is a beauty of a bike. My Fave of your collection.

Comment

Did some mod/upgrades to my 83 over the last few weeks....had the rims powder coated semi-gloss black...I just think black rims look way cooler than the stock ones...especially with a black engine.
                            New chain and sprockets and a new clutch and had a buddy fix up the yoshi and ceramic coated as well......carbs still need fine tuning.

No signature

Comment

That is Very Nice Trevor !

Comment

Not seeing the pics.
                                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
                                X