I found a 1983 GS750ED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I got my 83 GS750ED home yesterday.
    I went to Washington to pick up the bike Tuesday leaving on the 6am ferry from Victoria.
    Drove through brutal I5 traffic...man people text and drive a lot there. Anyway got the bike...nice man I bought it from and the only owner. I was not going to make it back to the border until 4:30 which I thought was no problem...then I found out the customs office closes at 3:30...*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$. So I got a room in Sumas by the border....went to the customs office at 8am opening and I was on my way in Canada at 8:40
    Bike was not firing on number four...bike sat for long periods of time between riding.
    Any how put some amsoil product in the tank...and took it out for an “Italian Tune Up”! Cleared up and ran better and better...gave it a little bath tonight.
    I will go over the bike all winter long and bring it back to glory.
    Can’t believe I have the same bike I bought brand new as an 18 year old.

😝

No signature

Comment

Gorgeous bike...and wonderful garage, Trevor!

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
        Gorgeous bike...and wonderful garage, Trevor!

Ed
        Thanks Ed
        No signature

Comment

I am envious Trevor. I too had a GS750E new from Mcbrides when I was 18. I put over 100k on it and loved all of it. I still think it is one of the best looking bikes around and one day will find a silver one. I will be interested to hear your ride report. I recall it being a hard accelerating, great handling machine, but that was almost 40 years ago! Please forgive my Lame attempt at posting a pic from 1984. Good luck with that sweet GS750E.
          IMG_1558.jpg

Comment

I love the leathers!

sigpic

SUZUKI:
            1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
            HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
            KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
            YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker View Post
              I am envious Trevor. I too had a GS750E new from Mcbrides when I was 18. I put over 100k on it and loved all of it. I still think it is one of the best looking bikes around and one day will find a silver one. I will be interested to hear your ride report. I recall it being a hard accelerating, great handling machine, but that was almost 40 years ago! Please forgive my Lame attempt at posting a pic from 1984. Good luck with that sweet GS750E.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]59077[/ATTACH]
              Thanks...I'm going out for a ride today...going to apply for collector plates today as well...Going to my local shop with a small list...I'll report back...cheers...btw the silver looked great too!

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Laker View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]59077[/ATTACH]
                Just realized...you're smoking that rear tire, aren't you? Don't Bogart...
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Got out for a good shake down ride today...running great! Built a little make shift paint booth in my garage today to paint my old school Yosh exhaust today ...a happy day.

No signature

Comment

How'd I end up two bikes behind??? Dig them both, great scores.
                    2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

PS: You need these leathers, although likely in a bit larger size.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                      2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                        PS: You need these leathers, although likely in a bit larger size.

http://www.fastdates.com/PitBoardFea...shSuzGS750.HTM
                        I wonder what exhaust that is ...gets to keep the centre stand
                        No signature

Comment

IIRC, that's a special build that had a feature in Motorcyclist(?) Could have been another magazine

A bit of poking around finds its a Yoshimura series 8 header with a race muffler
                          Last edited by Big T; 09-29-2019, 06:20 PM.
                          1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                          1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                          1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                          1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                          1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                          1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                          2007 DRz 400S
                          1999 ATK 490ES
                          1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                            "Of what use is a motorcycle to me if I can't see the engine?"
                            I recall Jay Leno saying "Never trust a motorcycle you can't see through."
                            Kevin
                            E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
                            "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
                            Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Showing the bike some love....it was smoking on start up because of dried out valve seals...so replacing those and the rings while open.
                              Also taking advantage and cleaning up the valve cover etc ....I'm going to clean up the original exhaust and put them away and install my Yoshimura exhaust. Also converting the clip ons to super bike bars.
                              Some pics

No signature

Comment

Trevor, covers look great. After the polishing, do you apply any kind of clear coat, or just keep after it, so they don’t get grungy again?
                                Rich
                                1982 GS 750TZ
                                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                                Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Working...
                                X