No announcement yet.

I found a 1983 GS750ED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wondering if found a good way of changing from clip-on's to the superbike clamp type bars? Thinking there may be an upper triple clamp, from another bike that may work, but which one???. Those universal aftermarket ones are probably OK, but don't look orig.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
      Trevor, covers look great. After the polishing, do you apply any kind of clear coat, or just keep after it, so they don’t get grungy again?
      Thanks,
      No clear coat...don't want the same thing to happen again. I just stay at them...but it's really not much work....once a year with autosol
      No signature

Comment

I'd be tempted to paint the TSCC bits red.
        ---- Dave
        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
          I'd be tempted to paint the TSCC bits red.
          I have already had some paint mixed up for it...low gloss black...wait for it.....Harley Davidson black engine paint it says on the label...lol
          No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
            I have already had some paint mixed up for it...low gloss black...wait for it.....Harley Davidson black engine paint it says on the label...lol
            Yikes, don't do that to a Suzuki.
            Larry

'79 GS 1000E
            '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
            '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
            '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
            '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Great looking bike. Congrats.
              Current Bikes:
              2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Update....clip ons converted to super bike bars, Yoshi exhaust cleaned up, new rings and valve seals... Getting close

No signature

Comment

That 750 is lookin' great! As is your garage...and is that a new helmet? Lol

Ed
                  GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                  GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                  Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                  Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Clean, sharp looking set-up on the bar conversion, Trevor.
                    The new stance has to be easier on the wrists and shoulders.
                    Was it a kit or did you source individual parts?
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I bought the bars from Biltwell....the risers are just off an old xs650 that my mechanic had in his garage. I thought I might buy something more substantial later but I kinda like the simple look. And yes, way more comfortable.
                      No signature

Comment

So the bike that just "needed a rider"...is getting closer to what I consider a daily rider. Even got out for a spin yesterday.
                        I now have one plate for all my collector bikes....realized when I got back I had forgotten to put the plate on lol...wonder how many times I'm going to do that?
                        New valve seals, new rings, new Rick's stator and sh775 reg/rec, new Sport Demon tires, Clip on removed and super bike bars installed, new battery, stock exhaust stored away and Yoshi installed, carbs disassembled and cleaned,
                        On the list now
                        SS brake lines
                        Sonic fork springs
                        Dyno kit to bring some life out of those "American" carbs

No signature

Comment

Did you have to put a metric speedometer on? Coming this way they don't care, as long as it is 25 years old.
                          sigpic
                          09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                          1983 GS1100e
                          82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                          1980 GS1260
                          Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
                            Did you have to put a metric speedometer on? Coming this way they don't care, as long as it is 25 years old.
                            No I did not....I think though if it's a newer vehicle you might have to do that....I know that you have to have running headlights and a third tail light...I think, anyway...lol
                            No signature

Comment

Nice 750! I sold these bikes new in 83 at Cycle Fun in Reno Nevada. I loved the looks so much I superimposed the brochure picture on my business card. That was big money back then. I finally found one a year ago. Yours is much cleaner than mine below but they could be brothers.

Comment

Originally posted by renorealtors View Post
                                Nice 750! I sold these bikes new in 83 at Cycle Fun in Reno Nevada. I loved the looks so much I superimposed the brochure picture on my business card. That was big money back then. I finally found one a year ago. Yours is much cleaner than mine below but they could be brothers.

Nice! I bought the same bike brand new when I was 18...found this one in Sept...17,000 miles and one owner...near Seattle...
                                What fork brace do you have? I also picked up a parts bike that I plan on powder coating the rims black to put on mine...I like the look of black rims!
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X