Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone going to Barber Vintage Festival? Anyone riding from Ohio/W.Virginia > Barber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone going to Barber Vintage Festival? Anyone riding from Ohio/W.Virginia > Barber

Is anyone on here going to Barber Vintage Festival?

If anyone is looking to ride from Ohio or West Virginia, to Barber, and back, I'm doing a solo extended twisty, technical, twisty, twisty scenic mountains trip there this coming week, and riding a direct route back on Sunday from Barber to Ohio. If anyone is able to take the time off, and doesn't mind an extremely twisty long several day route there through the mountains, a few hikes, and primitive camping, I wouldn't mind some like-minded company! This is my last bit of freedom for the year at the end of the season before I return to work from medical leave after a nasty knee surgery and months of physical therapy. Gotta live it up on the twisty paved riding routes, before deer mating season aka dirtbikes-only season (don't want to hit another deer on my street bikes, OUCH).

I've got an extensive tentative route plotted of familiar roads that I love, and others that have come highly recommended, as well as some decent primitive camping options outlined. I can share this route even if you're not along for the ride with me, as it's a great route to the best of the best in the east from here to Asheville or Deal's Gap... I ride fairly fast on the twisty roads, but not as fast I as did a decade ago after realizing our mortality.... I don't speed much, try to keep it out of the ticketable range, and always keeping a watchful eye out for LEO's and hiding spots. Looking to rough it for camping, but a campground with showers would be nice once or twice through the week. A bit cooler now so creek bathing may be less enticing...
    '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
    '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
    '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
    '79 GS425stock
    PROJECTS:
    '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
    '77 GS550 740cc major mods
    '77 GS400 489cc racer build
    '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
    '78 GS1000C/1100

I'll be there. Coming up from South Alabama.
    09 Yamaha Venture Royal (my first Yamaha)
    83 Honda VT500FT Ascot (three of them)
    81 GS650G for the wife.
    82 Suzuki GS850GL Bought it 3 times, sold it twice, then traded for a nice 82 GS1100G AND a 93 Honda 750 Nighthawk, even WOW!
    I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those words that should have remained unsaid.
    If ya can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with B. S.
    Motorcycles are like children....They should be seen and not heard.

Comment

Working...
    X