No announcement yet.

1984 GS1150ef rebuild!!! renew!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robert, can't help you with the tech side but i like how the bike turned out.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
      Robert, can't help you with the tech side but i like how the bike turned out.
      I've completed even more than in those photos but I really struggle with IT, the forum won't even upload the latest photos, no idea why they're in the same format as the others. The only parts now still in plastic are the rear fender and inner fender.

I'm really surprised how much attention the alloy appearance gets, it's not unusual for me to park somewhere and come back to find other riders checking it out. Always a lot of questions to answer. "Why?" "What type of bike is that?" "How long did take to build?" "Are you an aviation metal fabricator?"
      And I'm somewhat embarrassed as in my opinion it's still rough and a long ways from completion, at least another 2 winters of work. This winter I'm boring the block and installing Katana sleeves and pistons for a healthy boost in HP and torque, while engine is out painting the frame and maybe begin the electrical upgrades.
      1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Working...
      X