No announcement yet.

Higher Rpm wall/cutting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More riding more issues. Tried turning from on to prime. Problem is better at times and sometimes the same. Also noticed at idle since I have a clear-ish fuel line on the bike. At idle the fuel in the line looks it has some turbulence when is in the on position. The turbulence is gone in prime.

Also notice that it if back off and hit it again it goes thru stopping area before it starts to cut. When runs good you feel the pull but the front end even dies as it cuts out.

Comment

Might of figured out the issue. The other day while riding it was cutting out bad so I tried opening the choke (add fuel) and made even worse. So I popped the seat and remove the air cleaner cover and install the seat and rode it. Now it runs fine no cutting out and has the most power I ever felt from this bike. So I think what was happening was when the slides open up it dumping fuel but not getting enough air.

Next thing is I'm going to try do short run without the air filter in the box to see if runs good and if it does I want get a cone style filter to put on the intake inlet.

Comment

I was going to ask, "did you rule out jetting?" but thought I should go back and reread from beginning.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Sometimes you can just remove the air box lid untill you get the correct (smaller) jets installed.
          1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Originally posted by TxGSrider View Post
            Sometimes you can just remove the air box lid untill you get the correct (smaller) jets installed.
            I seem to recall instructions that came with some 4-into-1s saying if exhaust is the only mod (intake stock), than the only adjustment necessary upon installation of 4-into-1 is removal of airbox lid.
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
            X