Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10/2019 gs1100l

Quote Originally Posted by alke46 View Post
    This looks like the bike of Loto. Beautiful job LOTO, but I have to ask, why didn't you bring it to Farmington a couple of weeks ago so those of us in attendance could see it before the BOTM was declared?
    I wanted to go to Farmington but just couldn't make it due to work schedule...I'm a Realtor at the Lake of the Ozarks and don't remember the last time I left the area on a weekend in our busy season. Farmington is about 2 hours away and I thought about a day trip but just wasn't in the cards.

The week before Farmington Rally was Lake of the Ozarks bike week and we had close to 100,000 cycles attend this year...I stayed on 4 wheels for the weekend though.
    1980 Suzuki GS 1100LT
    16 Valve DOHC
    Original Owner

Thanks to everyone for the comments and it only took me about 18 months to finish my freshen up on my L. I never would have been able to do all the work if I wouldn't of had help from many members of this forum and thanks to all those people also.
    1980 Suzuki GS 1100LT
    16 Valve DOHC
    Original Owner

Redman is offline Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Very good condition.
    Good picture too.

Tell us why the carbs are black in the photo.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.

Quote Originally Posted by Redman View Post
    Very good condition.
    Good picture too.

Tell us why the carbs are black in the photo.
    Originally I was considering polishing the entire carbs or even leaving carb bodies as is and the local bike shop offered to dip my carbs in their ultrasonic cleaner and said the carbs would "Look Like New" after dipping. When I picked the carbs up I was shocked at how they looked....terribly discolored and stained. At that time I knew very little about carbs and considered sending the carbs off for paint and rebuild. With the help of this forum I ended up painting and rebuilding carbs myself and 800 miles later she is still purring like a kitten.

But as far as why black?....no reason other than I thought it would look good and that is SEM automotive paint with 3 coats of SprayMax 2k clear.

Last edited by LOTO; 10-13-2019 at 09:14 AM.
    1980 Suzuki GS 1100LT
    16 Valve DOHC
    Original Owner