82 GS1100G Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click here:

EDIT 1/1/2023 - Yes I have a few sets of brackets/spacers/hub spacers left - Price is $104 shipped Priority in the USA. Most other countries tend to be around $125-$130 shipped 1st class package. Newest brackets also allow the new Ninja EX650 Tokico calipers to be fitted as well as SV650 & DL650. Just some pics of the

1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Hi Monk, I clicked on the link but I can't see what the brackets cost mate, I am very interested in getting them, I have cross referenced models and makes for the calipers and now know what I need.

Cheers
      Carl

Comment

Carl it’s $120 to Australia. I’ll PM you. Cheers
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Hi mate, the bracket kit arrived today and I would like to say they are top shelf bud, I have got a pair of EX650 calipers coming, I will update the master, get braided lines and try a set of SBS RS brake pads, I am looking at getting a pair of Arashi rotors, any hoo thanks again champion. Carl

Comment

Good stuff, thanks Carl. Be careful of the bracket bolt to rotor rivet clearances and also check the clearance of the speedo drive dust shield to the fork leg.

Cheers,

Dan
            1980 GS1000G - Sold
            1978 GS1000E - Finished!

Comment

Aloha Dan! Nice work, my friend. I'm so glad that bike didn't rot away - it was killing me to watch it deteriorate.

Things are great here in Hawaii and I got lucky with a really good job, so hopefully I'll be staying for awhile. I got new clubs and was playing a lot of golf, but then picked up a tennis racket and that changed everything! Maybe I will start playing again in a month or so. I also realized I wasn't out exploring as much as I wanted to be, so last week I picked up a new-to-me Street Triple and am happy to be out riding again =D

Here's an old pic of the '82. I'm not sure when or where it was taken - the long pipes and the engine guard make me think it was when I first got it, probably before I realized how bad it was leaking and smoking! I rode out about 2 hours to see the bike, with a trailer, and of course there was unpredicted rain as soon as I got there. I remember smelling oil and wondering about it, but I didn't have time to really evaluate it. Sure enough, I got it home and found the PO basically rebuilt the bike with RTV and no new o-rings! Also they cut the baffles out of the stock pipes so it was stupidly loud. I had joined the forum just before, and you all helped me start rebuilding it - some of you even helped me 'finish' it at one of the rallies!

...and a pic of me putting it together at the rally:
              Last edited by Joe Garfield; 06-24-2021, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X