Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cmon man!...474 lbs 110hp but dosn't run 10s?????????????????????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I see is an endless row of an identical picture.

Mrharrington, why don't you tell us what you ride? I wouldn't turn down a spin on a Hayabusa for fear my bike would forever seem slow.

Whenever I ask one of these new superbike riders what they've had it up to, they all say, "180." I don't believe them.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
      Mrharrington, why don't you tell us what you ride?
      I went back to the first post to find 11ED. Why not put it in your signature?
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I dont know what 11ED means. But I Made my engine pic my avatar. And Im posting my 83 1100E. Traded my 79XS1100F and some cash for the Suzuki. The GS ran good wide open but was rich at lower RPMs. The pilot jets were drilled out really large to where turning the screws offered nothing. Once new pilots were installed and the needle clip lowered 1 notch this thing is flawless everywhere. It can lug, cruise or launch into next week. The carbs do have the Dynojet mods and components installed. Filters are APE . Identical to K&N but alot less $$.
        Attached Files

Comment

I used 1980-81 plaquards and cam end covers because they offer contrast to the PJ1 black engine paint. Stainless fasteners from Z1 Enterprise.
          Attached Files

Comment

This 1978 GS1000 I restored for my brother. I have no before pics but it was awful. 3 layers of spray can paint,corroded dirty carbs and valve clearances non existent, ugly his and her seat, big vetter fairing with dead mice inside. Forks and triple tree were bent. Had the aftermarket 4 into 2 exhaust flat black ceramic coated. New All Balls bearings everywhere. Nice bike.
            Attached Files

Comment

Great looking bikes.
              D designates model year. D being 1983. For whatever reason 82 was Z. Dont know what happened to A -C....
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                D designates model year. D being 1983. For whatever reason 82 was Z. Dont know what happened to A -C....
                Might not seem to make sense, until you factor in that X is the code for 1981. Understand?

Comment

the k1300 is useless on the horribly imperfect paved roads that are public highways here,
                  max ive done is c 147 mph the quality of road surface becomes progressively significant with each speed increment.
                  a glance down to instruments is insanity at 200 fps esp when an errant bit of road surface can pitch you sidelong to eternity.
                  best thing any bike sould be measured by is handling in curves and high and low speed pass efficiency
                  1983 GS 550 LD
                  2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Fun topic. Even learning things. That KZ1300 was interesting. Honda and Kaw thought inline 6 cylinders would be the next thing and took the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by mharrington View Post
                      Fun topic. Even learning things. That KZ1300 was interesting. Honda and Kaw thought inline 6 cylinders would be the next thing and took the chance.
                      Cycle World proclaimed a few years ago that the in line six was in some ways the perfect motorcycle engine. Completely self balancing. But I believe they were talking about BMW's execution of it. They never made such a comment back in CBX days.

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
                        the k1300 is useless on the horribly imperfect paved roads that are public highways here,
                        max ive done is c 147 mph the quality of road surface becomes progressively significant with each speed increment.
                        a glance down to instruments is insanity at 200 fps esp when an errant bit of road surface can pitch you sidelong to eternity.
                        best thing any bike sould be measured by is handling in curves and high and low speed pass efficiency
                        Amen.

I briefly owned a 2002 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird. If was fully capable of the near-mythical 180mph, but I never had it over 142 (verified via gps archive), and then only for a split second before shutting her down. It was still accelerating pretty briskly, too. Unless you are in North Dakota or Saskatchewan, you run out of road quickly above 100mph.

I also don't know anyone who slams their bike through all five or six gears at redline from a standing start to over 100mph, either.

As for the posts about 1/4 mile times from the bike mags "back in the day", there are all kinds of misconceptions about how they were conducted and who did them on this thread, which I will address later when I have more time.
                        Last edited by Griffin; 10-24-2019, 12:36 PM.
                        sigpic

SUZUKI:
                        1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
                        HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
                        KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
                        YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

The Z900RS Dyno's close to 95whp and 64wft/lbs of torque. My Gen 1 FZ1 will walk away from them. They also don't rev out and are designed in allot of ways like the CB1100, more streetable with more lower torque and starved top end.
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                          Originally posted by Hayabuser
                          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                            The Z900RS Dyno's close to 95whp and 64wft/lbs of torque. My Gen 1 FZ1 will walk away from them. They also don't rev out and are designed in allot of ways like the CB1100, more streetable with more lower torque and starved top end.
                            It warms my heart to see a modern bike Dyno less than mine.

Comment

I haven't seen a single post from a genuine drag racer here. Not one genuine drag racer with a post 2K bike describing how he's tuned his bike.
                              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Love the idea of the Z900 Kawa. Not meant to be a Hyperbike, 1/4 mi. king, the fastest canyon carver, nor a Harley look-a-like. Just a nice, modern, comfortable to ride, very retro looking (especially in the root beer color), motorcycle with more, for us older guys, useful power (torque) & maybe a little less useless, for us older guys, high rpm HP. I's never impressed with the Honda CB1100 retro bike, but I really think I may want one of these Z900 Kawa's, but I ain't buying anymore motorcycles. Gosh them things look good!!
                                1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Working...
                                X