Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: For sale, a horror story.

Quote Originally Posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
    "Young man," Ed?
    You WOULD be the one to notice that, Pilot! Lol

Ed
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

The fact that you infer my non-acceptance is what I'm talking about. (31Jan2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

After a little pressure from the guys buddy and he finally offered a $250 check to cover parts. The mirrors are unavailable so far, so I guess I'll have to sand it down and do a slight bit of fill and paint.
    Last edited by gsrick; 10-28-2019 at 10:16 PM.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Good news Rick. Glad he did the right thing.
    David
    1998 Suzuki Bandit
    1978 GS750 gone but not forgotten
    1978 GS1000 - gone
    1981 GS850 - gone

That's good to hear, Rick.

Ed
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

The fact that you infer my non-acceptance is what I'm talking about. (31Jan2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Good deal. Shame he had to be pressured to do the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 80GS1000 View Post
    Good deal. Shame he had to be pressured to do the right thing.

Even thats a rarity these days.

earlfor is offline Forum LongTimer Charter Member
    GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Baatfam View Post
    I've never let anyone test ride a bike I was selling, and they still sold.
    The only bike I ever test rode before buying, was at a dealership, where I showed up on a bike, wearing full gear.
    I don't allow test rides anymore. I quit after two consecutive prospective buyers crashed my bikes, then told me the were going to pass on the sale and refused to pay for the damages either. Even if the terms are cash in hand to test ride, if they crash it and say they have changed their mind and demand their money back (and they do), its call the cops and probably court. Too much hassle. Nope, no rides.
    Last edited by earlfor; 11-09-2019 at 03:06 PM.
    I support entropy for all.

Quote Originally Posted by earlfor View Post
    I don't allow test rides anymore. I quit after two consecutive prospective buyers crashed my bikes, then told me the were going to pass on the sale and refused to pay for the damages either. Even if the terms are cash in hand to test ride, if they crash it and say they have changed their mind, its call the cops and probably court. Too much hassle. Nope, no rides.
    Agreed... The " Cash in hand " thing doesn't fly....You let them ride it. You are responsible for it. You'll lose in court { here, I don't know about where you live } ......
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Six years ago I bought my 11E. Asking price had been lowered to $1500. All I insisted on was that the engine was cold to the touch when I arrived. It was, it started fine, I put $1500 cash in his hand and zoomed up and down the block sans helmet (Connecticut). I returned, he returned the cash.

We talked, I asked for another ride, he asked for the cash again. Papers were signed minutes later, two days later I took possession of the bike. We were complete strangers, so no offense was intended or taken.

First two bikes I bought were from friends of friends and friends of relatives. Completely different situations.

Lesson learned the hard way. Did his check cover the damages?
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Update:

The check for the parts still hasn't arrived, but he assures me he sent it. Even emailed me a copy of the draft. I'm supposed to give it until Wednesday and if it doesn't show up, he's going to fill out some forms to cancel the check with his credit union. I told him that a gift through Paypal would work, but he didn't respond to that. I'll suggest it again if the check doesn't show up. The ignition cover(correct one) and the turn signal showed up last week, but I still haven't found a right side fairing mirror that's available. I guess parts house shipments are faster than people now.

Mean while I got a call at work about the bike on our Cycle Trader ad from a guy in Wisconsin and a certified check should be here via FedEx this morning. Once my bank cashes it, the title and a BOS will be sent to him and he will arrange for a U-Shipper to pick it up. I've received an engine that way years ago, but never sent a bike.

Anyone have advice, other than taking a lot of pics before it's loaded and of it in their transport? Take a pic of their DL? Should I fire it up in front of the shipper to show that it does run? Send the keys with the shipper or send it separately?
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.