Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3D printed replacement panel tabs on e bay

Quote Originally Posted by EDGECRUSHER View Post
    Some of the rubbers they insert into would be nice. Most of mine are stiff or missing at this point. I used stick-on zipstrip anchors and zip strips to hold panels to the frame which is a big pain when you need to remove it for a second.

Does anyone really think a 3D printed sidecover is going to be reasonably priced lol
    You can still get side covers for most of the GS models from factory OEM sources like Babbits and Bikebandit. They are reasonably priced for under $60.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Haven’t started mine yet. Will report progress with pics as I go.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
    Haven’t started mine yet. Will report progress with pics as I go.
    Rich's nice fix is here https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...03#post2586503
    1981 GS750L - Owned since 1990 when graduated high school and since have been discovering all the things not disclosed by seller.
    1983 GS750E - bought in 2016 as a rough runner to use while rebuilding 81L and then to combine with ES to make one good one
    1983 GS750ES - bought in Toronto in 2015 on a lark as a non-runner, missing front cowling and exhaust - If you have a 1983 750ES front cowling let me know! Blue would be nice

Hey guys,

Want to let you know if you placed orders on Ebay they will ship shortly. With this corona thing I was stuck on a sailboat w/o a country that would accept us and after sailing for a few extra hundreds of miles (which took a while at 3-4 knots) to a US territory that would I just got back to the sates last night.

Andy
    1981 GS750L - Owned since 1990 when graduated high school and since have been discovering all the things not disclosed by seller.
    1983 GS750E - bought in 2016 as a rough runner to use while rebuilding 81L and then to combine with ES to make one good one
    1983 GS750ES - bought in Toronto in 2015 on a lark as a non-runner, missing front cowling and exhaust - If you have a 1983 750ES front cowling let me know! Blue would be nice

I used these tabs and this tutorial to replace the missing tab on my side cover I found for my "gift" GS750L. I calculated the length from the other cover with an intact tab, sanded to achieve the proper interface with the needy cover, and glued with plastic epoxy. My wife was mad that I did it on the kitchen table, but the results were outstanding! No problems in over 2 years. I did replace the antique rubber grommets with a set purchased from suzukipartshouse.com.
    1980 GS750L - just like the one I rode in college (25 years ago!)
    2006 Suzuki Boulevard S40
    1980 Honda Goldwing (Naked)
    2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000

Kelly O' (original profile vanished!)