Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuki Project

Hello Everyone:

I have a Suzuki GS850 project, no title. It had been sitting for 10 years. I still have not figured out what year it is but I am thinking it is a 1981. I have not ridden a motorcycle since I was a teenager. So this is all new to me. I am from Texas and work in the IT field. This will be a challenging project but well worth all the effort, after all it's a Suzuki.

Thanks, Dee

WElcome to TheGSR.

Post pic here, are somewaht easy tell-tale signs to distinguish 78-79 from 80-81 from 82 and after.
    Let us see the carbs, and engine case on right side. And more of the bike to determine if G or L.

Also, look on sterring neck, on opposite side from where the serial nuimnber is stamped, might be the foil tag with date of manufactuire info.
    Or that tag could be gone, or not readable.

Not having a title..... is more of a problem in some states than in others.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Welcome Dee. Yes indeed we need pictures to satisfy our winter needs. Take things slow and recommend a motorcycle safety course.
      Current Bikes:
      2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by jabcb
        To play it safe, its wise to resolve the title issue before getting very far along in the project.
        This right here^^^^
        Don't put a dollar into it, unless you KNOW you have a title....

Ask us how we know...
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Working...
        X