No announcement yet.

Bosch WR56 spark plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, have installed all new spark plugs again. I investigated the petcock issue and must report that it is working fine and there is no fuel in the line so the diaphragm is OK. I will report back any further issues with the plugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Danie.e View Post
      Bike is a GS1000G and the petcock is brand new
      OEM, or aftermarket ?
      I bought 4 brand new shiny petcocks for my GS1000 bikes for 15$ a piece off fleabay, and got what i paid for.
      Leaking diaphragm, and dripping through the front etc. OEM petcocks solved that. Pricey, but worth the investment.
      Rijk

Top 10 Newbie Mistakes thread

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
      VM Carb rebuild tutorial
      Bikecliff's website
      The Stator Papers

"The thing about freedom - it's never free"

Comment

Originally posted by 2BRacing View Post
        I can confirm that an over-rich mixture can kill brand new plugs in no time at all.
        True. If you've been spending a lot of time on choke, common when you're starting and idling a lot while first getting a bike on the road and while tuning, the plugs can definitely foul fairly quickly.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Petcock is OEM and brand new - replaced the old one when the tank came back from re-lining. Day two and no dead plugs so far. Thumbs crossed. Must say I bought the plugs from a different source.

Comment

BP8ES plugs the P in the number is for protrude electrode, in other words it sparks deeper in the combustion chamber. Plugs should be B8ES. Could that be the problem ??.
            My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

Working...
            X