Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 MotoGP - The Official Thread (Warning!! Spoilers!!!)

Default 2020 MotoGP - The Official Thread (Warning!! Spoilers!!!)

Well, 2019 is done and dusted, on Tuesday the testing for 2020 starts.
    Anybody willing to bet against Marquez for the championship?? I'm certainly not!
    Rich Desmond
    1980 GS1000S
    2007 V-Strom 650
    2008 Ducati 848
    2002 DR-Z400S
    1999 SV650 (race bike)

Nessism is offline Forum LongTimer GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

I think the only thing that can stop Marquez would be an injury. IF, big if, Yamaha finds a bunch of power (unlikely), and if Quartararo matures quickly, he could be a factor later next year. Can't see him competing for the championship though. No chance for Suzuki, although I'd love to see them in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessism View Post
    I think the only thing that can stop Marquez would be an injury. IF, big if, Yamaha finds a bunch of power (unlikely), and if Quartararo matures quickly, he could be a factor later next year. Can't see him competing for the championship though. No chance for Suzuki, although I'd love to see them in there.
    That's a good point on the Yamaha motor. If it's enough better that Quartararo (and Vinales) can consistently take the fight to Marquez maybe they can push him into the occasional mistake and give themselves a chance.
    Can't say that I'm betting on it though...
    Rich Desmond
    1980 GS1000S
    2007 V-Strom 650
    2008 Ducati 848
    2002 DR-Z400S
    1999 SV650 (race bike)

Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

In addition to Quartararo I think Brad Bender is destined for great things in MotoGP. It's going to take him a couple seasons to get up to speed though, and of course he's going to be on the KTM and they are yet unproven. Regardless BB has some pace and knows how to slide the bike around which will serve him well on the grand stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessism View Post
    In addition to Quartararo I think Brad Bender is destined for great things in MotoGP. It's going to take him a couple seasons to get up to speed though, and of course he's going to be on the KTM and they are yet unproven. Regardless BB has some pace and knows how to slide the bike around which will serve him well on the grand stage.
    Yeah, Binder really impressed me a couple of years ago when he won the Moto3 championship. Apparently he had some growing up to do, but he certainly seems to have righted the ship, and I think he'll do well in MotoGP
    Rich Desmond
    1980 GS1000S
    2007 V-Strom 650
    2008 Ducati 848
    2002 DR-Z400S
    1999 SV650 (race bike)

Quote Originally Posted by RichDesmond View Post
    Anybody willing to bet against Marquez for the championship?? I'm certainly not!
    And his little brother isn't too shabby. (Moto2, it's called?) Watched them both win the championships about a week ago at 4 AM, think it was Malaysia. Wish I knew for sure when they're on, always come across it unexpectedly at an ungodly hour.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Repsol Honda will have both Marquez brothers next year. Should be interesting
    1978 GS1085.

It was a good season for watching. It got boring when one rider dominated. I'm glad Ducati did not dominate, it was expected to.
    Would have been that much more thrilling if Quatararo and Vinales had beaten Marquez. Dovizioso and Rins did beat him.
    I predict 2020:
    Little-bro Marquez will be mid pack all next year, only Marc has shown mastery of the Honda.
    Rossi will continue to enjoy ultimate track days, not relevant anymore.
    Yamaha and Ducati will have no break through engine improvement.
    Quatararo, Vinales and Rins are be the riders I'll be watching.
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
    It was a good season for watching. It got boring when one rider dominated. I'm glad Ducati did not dominate, it was expected to.
    Would have been that much more thrilling if Quatararo and Vinales had beaten Marquez. Dovizioso and Rins did beat him.
    I predict 2020:
    Little-bro Marquez will be mid pack all next year, only Marc has shown mastery of the Honda.
    Agree on Alex, I think 4th-10th is mostly where his results will be.
    I’m a little more optimistic about Yamaha next year. I think the motor will be enough better that coupled with advantages the bike has now will let them win some races.
    The Ducati has plenty of power, they need get that bike to turn better.
    Rich Desmond
    1980 GS1000S
    2007 V-Strom 650
    2008 Ducati 848
    2002 DR-Z400S
    1999 SV650 (race bike)

Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
    I predict 2020:
    Ducati was NOT expected to dominate anything, other than the horsepower race, which they did. And they have no need for "break through engine improvement" because they already have the best engine in the series.

As for Alex, if he's midpack that will be doing well for him I think.

I think Rins and Vinales will have their moments, just like this year, but I'll be surprised if they do a whole lot better.

My money's on another Marquez show.