Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The GSResources 2019 financial update - update! Wow!

bobtail84 is offline Forum Mentor Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by GSXR7ED View Post
    John,

I’ve been to all places at different times except for Belfast...never been.

My adventure started back in Feb 1989 on my way to Wethersfield, England. Today is my US Air Force anniversary (1Apr 1986-1Apr 2011) and I am grateful for being given the opportunity to serve.

Ed

Ed, were you based at RAF Edzell at any time?

Jeff
    Jeff

Living the dream...

1980 GS1000 that has been modestly modified.

Quote Originally Posted by bobtail84 View Post
    Ed, were you based at RAF Edzell at any time?

Jeff
    Good morning Jeff,

I was not stationed at RAF Edzell...just RAF Wethersfield & RAF Mildenhall.

Were Americans stationed there? It wasn’t a location option on my dream sheet.

We left Mildenhall in Sept of 1993 and I brought my Scottish wife to Abilene, TX.

Ed

EDIT: RAF Edzell was a Navy base in Scotland that closed in 1996. I was US Air Force, in Logistics Support function.
    Last edited by GSXR7ED; 04-05-2020 at 08:53 AM.
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

The fact that you infer my non-acceptance is what I'm talking about. (31Jan2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

bobtail84 is offline Forum Mentor Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by GSXR7ED View Post
    Good morning Jeff,

I was not stationed at RAF Edzell...just RAF Wethersfield & RAF Mildenhall.

Were Americans stationed there? It wasn’t a location option on my dream sheet.

We left Mildenhall in Sept of 1993 and I brought my Scottish wife to Abilene, TX.

Ed

EDIT: RAF Edzell was a Navy base in Scotland that closed in 1996. I was US Air Force, in Logistics Support function.
    Evening Ed, There were Marines, Navy and USAF up there for one reason or another. My sister met her husband in Scotland and lives in Annapolice MD, she's lived in the USA for over 20 years.
    I used to work for a german company and we delivered to both Mildenhall and Lakenheath on a regular basis, it used to be amazing watching the freight planes touch and go, that was in the mid to late 90's so you would hame been home by then.

Jeff
    Jeff

Living the dream...

1980 GS1000 that has been modestly modified.

Quote Originally Posted by bobtail84 View Post
    Evening Ed, There were Marines, Navy and USAF up there for one reason or another. My sister met her husband in Scotland and lives in Annapolice MD, she's lived in the USA for over 20 years.
    I used to work for a german company and we delivered to both Mildenhall and Lakenheath on a regular basis, it used to be amazing watching the freight planes touch and go, that was in the mid to late 90's so you would hame been home by then.

Jeff
    My wife has been in the US since 1993...she grew up in Haverhill, Suffolk...75 miles north of London. Her family moved from Coatbridge, Scotland (Dad was a plater) to Haverhill for better pay since he had 8 children (my wife is the youngest/she was 1-2 yrs old). As a result, she does not have a Scottish accent...only her eldest brother (2nd eldest) has the broad Scottish accent. There are 7 girls and 1 boy in her clan...lol. (They're Catholic)

No flights were launched on RAF Wethersfiled...and of course, RAF Mildenhall is the Gateway to Europe with Tankers assigned to the 100th Air Refueling Wing (ARW). I was fortunate to see an SR-71 launch during one of our CWDE (Chemical Warfare) exercises...which was cool.

One quick story about my wife living in Abilene, TX...we were at Furr's all-you-can-eat restaurant. The lady behind the salad bar asked my wife what kind of dressing she wanted...wife said "Ranch" in her accent and the lady behind the counter could not understand her. Wife kept saying "Ranch" over and over, several time. She was getting upset and I asked, "what's the problem, babe?" She goes on about asking for "Ranch". I look at the lady behind the counter and say, "Ranch dressing" in my american accent and the lady says, "Ranch" with a BIG time southern draw. Then the wife goes into a conversation by herself..."that's what I said!"

Anyhow, what's this thread about???

Sorry for the redirect...carry on!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

The fact that you infer my non-acceptance is what I'm talking about. (31Jan2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.