Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were you unable to login yesterday after I updated the contributor status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Were you unable to login yesterday after I updated the contributor status?

I wanted to get an idea of how many people were affected by the update yesterday.
    No
    33.33%
    Yes
    66.67%

The poll is expired.

I was out, but back in now!👍 It didn't recognize my old password. After I requested a new password it let me back in. 🌞
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Norm, you should vote no. I know you didn't because after I did, it only showed one vote for "NO".
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
        Norm, you should vote no. I know you didn't because after I did, it only showed one vote for "NO".
        I think he wants to know if at first you couldn’t log in...?
        No signature

Comment

doh!. I should have answered YES, I WAS UNABLE TO LOGIN. Sorry Norm, carry on. Trevor, thanks for pointing out that I can't read. I wanna change my vote.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
            doh!. I should have answered YES, I WAS UNABLE TO LOGIN. Sorry Norm, carry on. Trevor, thanks for pointing out that I can't read. I wanna change my vote.
            Lol...no sweat. 🙂
            No signature

Comment

Being one of the "old dogs" on here, I must admit to not liking change. Maybe it was necessary but it screwed up my night last night and also my earlier tries today.
              Larry

'79 GS 1000E
              '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
              '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
              '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
              '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Yes, I had to request a new password to get back in.
                -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Yep, had to reset my password also, no big deal for me though as I hadn't changed it in a while anyway.
                  1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                  1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

I was affected.

Used the forgot password and reset my password. All good!!!

And thanks for my PM updating my Site Support badge in the avatar.

Ed
                    Last edited by GSXR7ED; 01-07-2020, 04:13 PM.
                    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I was able to log in but had to ask for a new password. Once I got in I changed my password back to the old one.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman
                        Could not logg in all afternoon. Could see that was no activity, no new posting.
                        (I figured it was something related to Frank processing all the new contribution status.)
                        THen this evening I noticed there was some activity, but I still could not logg in.
                        So I went thru the password reset process, and now can logg in.......
                        All afternoon.....

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Frank,

Thanks for all you do.

I suppose you are trying to find how wide spread this was.
                          If was each and every member could not logg in, or if it just effected those who had their contribution status updated.

My observation was that I could not log in (invalid password, it said), and there was no new postings all afternoon. So that gave me the idea that nobody was able to logg in. I looked a few times at "todays postings" and it had the same posting on the top with same poster and time, and other postings listed there seemed to be in same order.
                          Was not till early evening (eastern) that I noticed a few new postings, but I still could not logg in, untill I reset my password.

Perhaps this poll is not conclusive if folks are misunderstanding the question. At the moment have 21 responses (7 no, 14 yes) but only a few have posted a comment explaining themselves.

Perhaps you have some activity report of which members had to reset their password during specific hours yesterday, maybe something like that could be available somehow.

Thanks again for all you do. This event somewhat shows how you have to do things behind the scenes that we are not aware of.
                          Last edited by Redman; 01-07-2020, 05:14 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I didn't have to reset my password, but for the first time in years I was asked to type in my name and password. Happened maybe three times, then back to normal. Phew!

Happened a few days ago.
                            Last edited by Rob S.; 01-07-2020, 06:27 PM.
                            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

For the last 6 months or so I have to enter the password every time I login. It always goes to an error message about validation too but it does login...

And yep I couldn't get in until I reset my password (or actually even after I reset my passwork, it still wouldn't let me login for a couple of hours).
                              1980 GS1000G - Sold
                              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
                              X