Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 Journey's of epic proportions brought to you by Jedz Moto

Greetings all!!!

So Big trips are in the works. My goal is to see as many GSR folks as I can this year. Hoping to reconnect with some but meet new as well! I also will be seeing some of my followers, fellow YouTubers, pod casters and family on this epic trip... Planning to take the Bonneville and live off of it. If guys have made it work with smaller bikes in years past than I shouldn't have any issues with my 1200cc modern classic. Just to reach my destinations this year I am budgeting 10-12K miles. Here is the Map of just where I'm projected to go (paths of travel will be different and not everything since you can only enter so many things into Google Maps).

So clearly I'm not riding now but taking the time to prep the bike for living off of it... I will be installing 2 Givi hard side cases, my Kappa top case and I also now have dry bag to keep other essentials dry. Going to be interesting for I do intend to camp allot to really capture what it's like to live off the road and out of the bike.

March - I head to Florida
    April - Hoping to start my daily commuting and annual riding in Vermont(Rides in my neck of the woods)
    June - I do the crazy loop around the Country
    July - I head into Canada and western NY
    August - (Traveling Picnic maybe)
    September - NE GSR GMR
    October - up in the air..
    November - Wrap up the season and store the bikes.

I'll write up some posts referring to the details of each planned ride, June is going to be epic... Here is just the outline map for June:

But I have tagged some GSR members I am Facebook friends with with on the trip. I also have reached out via text or phone to get plans in motion.

So I'm looking to be on par for a 40K mile season maybe more. I have never had this many trips lined up but next year Shan and I are going to be lazer focused on paying off our house. This year she is going to be flying into Florida, New Mexico and riding with me to Montreal. So It will be nice to share some of the experience together. So I'll be doing much less miles next year as I will be far more frugal. However I will officially cross a big item off my bucket list.

Anyway I'm looking forward to seeing some of you on my journey. I'll do my best to see as many folks as I can.

Hope everyone has an awesome year!!
    Last edited by Jedz123; 01-08-2020, 10:38 AM.
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Hey -- I made the map --
    Currently in the Stable :
    2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
    1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
    - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Epic indeed!
      Looks like you will be very close to me as well. Im in the middle of N.J.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

You'll pass the top of Delaware going on I95!

Enjoy and be safe in your travels, Jedz!

Ed
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Hope things work out for a stop here. Looks like an awesome ride. We'll take it easy on ya and keep the hangover minimal.
          2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
          82 gs1100L probably the next project
          1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
          1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Yikes!!

You youngsters have all the fun.
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Considering you don/t live near an ocean...I highly suggest you you go down the coast of California
              No signature

Comment

If you are coming through the Salt Lake City, Utah area come look me up.
                Bikes:

1980 GS1000 restomod
                2006 GSXR 750

Comment

Do you have a camelback hydration set-up? That might come in real handy crossing the plains as well as the desert areas of Nevada, Az. and N.M. Very important to stay hydrated while traveling on two wheels.

edit: subscribed. I'll be riding with you but not to worry, you won't even know when I get on.
                  Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                  '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                  '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                  '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                  '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

When passing thru central PA, look me up. Happy to put you up for a night if you need a rest in that area. Or ride with you a bit. Or buy you a beer. Send me a Friend Request on FB if you want, or PM me for contact info.
                    Rich Rodichok
                    Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I've found Beef Jerky makes a good on the bike snack. You can keep it in your pocket, also it's easy to stuff into your pie hole.😯 I had 75%-25% results with Trail mix. 25% would make it into my mouth 75% blown down the highway. 🤔
                      I can't wait to hit the road again...
                      My Motorcycles:
                      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                      79 1000e (all original)
                      82 850g (all original)
                      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by Wingsconsin View Post
                        Hey -- I made the map --
                        Always Carl!! Hope to see you buddy!
                        Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                        Epic indeed!
                        Looks like you will be very close to me as well. Im in the middle of N.J.
                        Glen, we should just slate out a time where we could get together, even for lunch. I consider NJ my backyard in the summer for riding.

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                        You'll pass the top of Delaware going on I95!

Enjoy and be safe in your travels, Jedz!

Ed
                        My Easy Pass is from Delaware... Like glen let's slate out a time and just meet up for lunch.

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                        Hope things work out for a stop here. Looks like an awesome ride. We'll take it easy on ya and keep the hangover minimal.
                        Might do another 250 adventure... I will not be consuming as much Gennesse, OMG... I feel so bad still for destroying your bathroom. Love the land of Eli... I'll be over, going to try to drag Jethro with me for that adventure.

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                        Considering you don/t live near an ocean...I highly suggest you you go down the coast of California
                        I'm abut 2.5 hours from Maine, I go a few times a year, I also spend a couple of solid days at the beach when I'm in Florida every year. I only have 25 days to get traveling in and my best friend is in Albuquerque so I'm taking some time to see him. I'll be in San Diego for a couple of days and I need to put my foot in the Pacific to say I have had my feet in both the Atlatic and Pacific in 1 year.

a PNW ride is on the radar for one of the ventures... I want to see how this first big ride works out. I think 2022 or 2023 I will be out that way.

So your going to be in the area around the same time Trev?

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post
                        If you are coming through the Salt Lake City, Utah area come look me up.
                        A possibility! I will be passing through for I will be doing an Official (That's right Carl) Saddle Sore 1000 from Pike's Peak CO to San Diego CA. I've done 1000 mile days but I just need to bite the bullet and just do it. Ayway I think I'll be passing through and grabbing a light meal. Even if it's for a short moment it's always nice to meet folks from GSR!

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                        Do you have a camelback hydration set-up? That might come in real handy crossing the plains as well as the desert areas of Nevada, Az. and N.M. Very important to stay hydrated while traveling on two wheels.

edit: subscribed. I'll be riding with you but not to worry, you won't even know when I get on.
                        LARRY!!!!! Ok so I'm bummed I can get to see you as often as I would like... (Likely will miss Brown County this year) Might try to get to traveling picnic as long as I'm not broke from all the rear tires I need to buy this year. No I don't have a camel back, usually keep 2 very large bottles of water with me on trips. I'm stopping about 180 miles or so and i try to hydrate than. I don't have a mesh jacket either so and advice you can offer for desert travel I will gladly take!
                        Hope things have been well for you bud! Hope to see ya this year!

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                        When passing thru central PA, look me up. Happy to put you up for a night if you need a rest in that area. Or ride with you a bit. Or buy you a beer. Send me a Friend Request on FB if you want, or PM me for contact info.
                        Rich Rodichok
                        Signed into FB to friend request ya. I'm always going through PA... We need to connect. I'll through in March, Might take you up on that overnight on my way down to FL.
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                        Originally posted by Hayabuser
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

If you are on the New York State Thruway and need anything at exit 18 in New Paltz I am only about 3 miles from the exit.
                          1982 GS 550 L

Comment

Shoot me a message when you are coming through the Phoenix area. We'll get beers and burgers.
                            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Wingsconsin View Post
                              Hey -- I made the map --
                              Looks rather close going by the southwest oHIo group, too.

Could not tell what date range, though.

sigpic
                              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                              Family Portrait
                              Siblings and Spouses
                              Mom's first ride
                              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                              X