2020 Journey's of epic proportions brought to you by Jedz Moto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    Looks rather close going by the southwest oHIo group, too.

Could not tell what date range, though.

I will work on that post with times and dates as I finalize the plans. Right now I head out of Vermont on June 7th and plan to roll back on June 28th...
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
      I will work on that post with times and dates as I finalize the plans. Right now I head out of Vermont on June 7th and plan to roll back on June 28th...
      June is my birthday month...and your roll back date is my birthday!

I sent you a PM. My birthday lands on a weekend...might be able to get away but need a KP (Kitchen Pass) from the wife.

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I live about 30 minutes south of Nashville. If you need anything while you're in the area, you're welcome to my garage. Or a free overnight in the guest room if needed.
        Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
        Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Looks exciting, Man!

I see you got dots in Chicago land enroute to Wisconsin. I suppose the dots in Chicago are some destination you got in mind. (In my planning, I would avoid Chicago otherwise.)

Michigan: If your plans change and do go thru Michigan, let me know. Am directly west of Grand Rapids. Perhaps you might want to experience the cross lake ferrys to Wisconsin. The "fast" ferry (hydroplane) is about 20 miles north of here.

Utah: I see one of your routes goes thru COlorado, and the pother one doesnt, but both go thru Utah. If you are considering any National park, my recommendation would be Zion in southwest Utah. You can ride thru a large portion of it and see grand things from the road. Other parks cant see all that much from the road, Bryce is the worst for not seeing much of anything from the road.
          I can recommend a hostel near Zion if you are interested to stay there a couple nights. But that is kinda close to Hurricane, home of a fine GSR member that could pop in here.

San Diego:
          What area of SanDiego? Ive been riding there 8 times in last 5 years.
          I can point out many good rides in the canyons and mountians to the east and northeast of SanDiego. You will want a few days there.
          Last edited by Redman; 01-08-2020, 11:10 PM. Reason: speeleng

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

When do you think you will be going thru vegas?
            No signature

Comment

Dave (Redman) mentioned some National Parks. You might want to look at getting a season pass if you plan on going through any of them.

Staying on the big road won't incur any charges, but if you hit the two-lane roads through the park, the admission feels REALLY add up quickly.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Assuming I'm in town you're always welcome to stay with us here in OKC. Guest apartment above the garage, and a pool and hot tub.

Offer is open to anyone else travelling through.
                '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Justin, let me know as things get closer. I do have my two sons gradations in June (high school , middle school), but I think I'm fairly free otherwise.
                  If you swing thru during the week, I'll plan to take a day off.

I'm on FB as well Glen Brenner - same goofy avatar as here, e mail is geepebee@gmail.com
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

For the desert - Get a camelbak. It's really tough to stay hydrated when it gets 100 and past.... Stopping every 180 miles won't cut it. I used to stop every 80 odd miles & down a gatorade at each stop.
                    You can get a cooling vest and wear it under a standard jacket with vents open. Dries out too quick under mesh.

Oh and look me up if you get near here...
                    1980 GS1000G - Sold
                    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Hey Ya'll Just to put it out there.

THANK YOU ALL! For opening your doors up for me. Really got some awesome folks here...

Anyone is welcome here in Vermont. I know it's really no where USA but there is some great riding and a laid back lifestyle... So if you ever want to get away look me up!
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

When in Florida if you need anything let me know. I am 2 miles from 95. Exit 195. Close to Cocoa Fl.
                        David
                        1998 Suzuki Bandit
                        1978 GS750 gone but not forgotten
                        1978 GS1000 - gone
                        1981 GS850 - gone

Comment

Originally posted by portdave View Post
                          When in Florida if you need anything let me know. I am 2 miles from 95. Exit 195. Close to Cocoa Fl.
                          Ditto that for NY City - I'm a few blocks from 95.
                          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

California Desert:
                            When you are zipping along, on long wide open stretch of road, and see what looks like the heat ripples (some one of my age thinks of Buggs Bunny seeing mirages) in the distance.....

.....I had that experience, CA 93 en-route to Vegas, 75-80-85mph, see something shimmering -moving on the road surface up ahead, think it is heat ripples so keep going full speed ahead ... it was sand blowing across the road, and, I dont know, couple inches deep, Yikes, that was quite an experience running thru that at 60-70mph.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                              California Desert:
                              When you are zipping along, on long wide open stretch of road, and see what looks like the heat ripples (some one of my age thinks of Buggs Bunny seeing mirages) in the distance.....

.....I had that experience, CA 93 en-route to Vegas, 75-80-85mph, see something shimmering -moving on the road surface up ahead, think it is heat ripples so keep going full speed ahead ... it was sand blowing across the road, and, I dont know, couple inches deep, Yikes, that was quite an experience running thru that at 60-70mph.
                              I'm thinking of the song by the Eagles...Hotel California!

Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light...

The desert out in New Mexico between Alamogordo and Las Cruces is totally different than SoCal to LV.

Ed
                              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                              GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                              Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

For traveling frugal this site is essential, plug in your route and it'll find spots for you!

Finding free camping locations is easy! Use our interactive map to find camping near you or plan an epic free camping road trip with our trip planner.
                                1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                                1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                                LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Working...
                                X