2003 gsxr 750 thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2003 gsxr 750 thoughts

So co worker of mine selling his 03 gsxr 750. Back story of his Bike he got in trade for car he was selling. The guy I believe track rode the bike since when got it didn't have lights on it. He put lights back on it and started riding. He had leg issues before and when stopped at a light the bike tip over on to it side. He tip the bike back up and started it but the oil pressure warning light was on. He took the bike and changed oil in it and it still showing no pressure.

My thoughts are what could of cause it just from tipping over?

Seeing if an easy fix that would buy it and ride it. He asking 1000 for the bike is worth it.

60873753_2636434036370767_207364405485109248_o.jpg

Could be just a tip over/oil pressure sensor acting up or compromised from the spill over.
    Bike looks clean, I'd take a gamble a fuss with electrical for $1k.
    The water pump shaft does mate with the oil pump, I found mine broken after it froze in the garage w/o antifreeze.
    If it fell over to the left, the water pump could have been damaged I suppose.
    I have on 04 for the track and it's a pleasure to ride, though a bit committed riding position for day to day street riding.
    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Yeah, check to see if the oil pressure switch is working correctly and make sure that the wires aren't damaged. I'd buy it for a grand regardless.

Comment

So the bike tip to the right just asked him. He was told from his Uncle that a valve is stuck. I can't find parts break down that list a pressure relief valve

Comment

Mmmm!

I had a Y2K/Gixxer 750...so I’m partial to that model.

Heck...$1K for that? Even with that issue (Bike ship in town is the best!) I would have it serviced...but that’s me.

Go for it!

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

The way you see it is the way he got it. The only thing he did was add lights back to it. He got the bike in trade for car he was selling.

Comment

If it tipped to the right and the clutch nut was loose enough it could have disengaged with the oil pump gears. Seen this happen on a 600 GSXR last year on one of our Green mountain rally rides. Had to tear it apt one the road in order to fix it so he could get back to camp then ride 300 miles home
              1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
              80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
              1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
              83 gs750ed- first new purchase
              85 EX500- vintage track weapon
              1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
              “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
              If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Working...
              X