Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain riding...likely posted before, but worth another look for the chuckle factor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain riding...likely posted before, but worth another look for the chuckle factor.

GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Chuckle you say??? It had me puckering in my chair. LOL.
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Thumbs Up!!!
      Inspires me to show up for rainy track days and learn how to do it, instead of taking a loss on my entrance fee.
      I can do some local riding in the rain to get used to the idea. Just hate to get my bike all coated with dirt.
      After busting my clavicle, I've since been really scared of breaking my rear tire lose coming out of corners.
      This guy's coping very well with a lose rear tire.
      Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 01-22-2020, 10:26 AM.
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Ryuichi Kiyonari was an animal in the rain. A complete animal
        Paul

sigpic

Originally posted by Grimly
        Watery bints handing out swords is no basis for any system of government.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
          Inspires me to show up for rainy track days and learn how to do it, instead of taking a loss on my entrance fee.
          I can do some local riding in the rain to get used to the idea.
          great idea Batman (I mean Joker)
          wtf?
          1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

I love the use of presetting the drift heading into corners. Even notable former-NBA players (ahem...Iverson) who abhorred practice would have to admit more is better in this case. Wish we had the opportunity to try it locally.
            '83 GS650G
            '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by ptegsotic View Post
              great idea Batman (I mean Joker)
              wtf?
              I'm just a school boy…but I survived my 1st snake bite.
              Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 01-22-2020, 07:43 PM.
              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

He's riding a razor's edge going from potential lowside to highside.

I ride like a granny in the rain if I have to or not at all if I have a choice.
                1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Originally posted by wyly View Post
                  I ride like a granny in the rain if I have to or not at all if I have a choice.
                  That's exactly what I do...did. (See signature.)
                  1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

You have to trust them tires... Same on the highway.
                    My Motorcycles:
                    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                    79 1000e (all original)
                    82 850g (all original)
                    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                      You have to trust them tires... Same on the highway.
                      Sure but the rider in the video had more than tires working for him....extraordinary skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                        That's exactly what I do...did. (See signature.)
                        Same here, my only low side came on a seemingly innocent corner in the rain. I got up, a hole in my jeans and a bigger hole ground through my crankcase.

Comment

Originally posted by wyly View Post
                          Same here, my only low side came on a seemingly innocent corner in the rain. I got up, a hole in my jeans and a bigger hole ground through my crankcase.
                          I didn't get up - it will be at least 3 months before I can even attempt to stand.
                          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                            I didn't get up - it will be at least 3 months before I can even attempt to stand.
                            you phuking crashed again? ok, where is that thread?

yea, that Kiyonari got mad skillz
                            1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Originally posted by ptegsotic View Post
                              you phuking crashed again? ok, where is that thread?
                              There isn't enough room on the server to list all the injuries!

Comment

Working...
                              X