Thread: Gmail, subscriptions and other stuff

Default Gmail, subscriptions and other stuff

Hey guys!

I am seeing a bit more kickback from the Gmail servers from people's subscriptions. As you know, when you subscribe to a thread you receive an email notification. Apparently Gmail thinks that some email being generated from our server is SPAM. I'm not sure there is a whole lot I can do from my end considering how Gmail works. So if you aren't getting subscription notifications and you have a Gmail account tied to your forum account, then that may be the reason why. I don't think all mail is being stopped, just some of it.

In another email related issue I'm seeing...

Some of you may get an email similar to this

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!!!
    Replies to this e-mail will not be received. If you wish to contact ???????, please go to forum instead!!

Dear ?????,

??????????? has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Impeachment proceedings......... - in the "The Vortex" forum of The GSResources Forums.

Do you see that "DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!!!" ????

Guess what a lot of you are doing?

So stop it! Just stop it!!

Have a great day!

Frank

Sent you a PM...
    #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
    #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
    #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer One needs a runner while wrenching