Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Anti-Dive Modulator leaking?

Good Morning,

Has anyone rebuilt the Modulator for anti-dive front damper on a gs1100ez? Mine is leaking and I think it will need a new one unless they can be rebuilt?? New seals ect. To make it worse the other one is frozen. Looks like they are new for about 85 bucks.

Most people prefer to disable them.
    1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Never thought of that?? How does disable the modulator?

Comment

In your case as it's leaking you'd need to remove & put a plate over. You need to cut a channel to link the two ports behind it. You can do it with a bit of time & some 1/2" aluminium. Not a hard shape to make by hand.. Chain drill the connecting link between the ports & then even them up with a Aluminum burr in a dremel.
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I think I can make such a plate. Have you ever tried opening up the modulator and matching up the o-rings best you can and give it a go??

Comment

There are maybe 3 or even 4 different ways, they've been discussed in a number of threads like this one. https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-for-anti-dive

Dorkburger in the link gutted his and the same has just been done to mine, it would be the same as a plate with a channel. With gutting I keep the techy gold OHLINS looking contraption on the forks, the weight savings of plate vs gutted PDF isn't worth worrying about.

I've also had an emulator and new springs installed which weren't required.
            Last edited by wyly; 03-02-2020, 06:24 PM.
            1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Working...
            X