Page 1 of 257 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Craziness

marvinsc is offline Forum LongTimer GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

Default Coronavirus Craziness

In keeping with the current Coronavirus craziness I recall seeing a TV show where they were interviewing an "Ultimate Prepper". He was showing off his stockpile of goods in case of a Nuclear disaster and revealed a closet full of Vienna Sausages. I looked at Paula and said I would rather die in the initial blast............
    2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Quote Originally Posted by marvinsc View Post
    In keeping with the current Coronavirus craziness I recall seeing a TV show where they were interviewing an "Ultimate Prepper". He was showing off his stockpile of goods in case of a Nuclear disaster and revealed a closet full of Vienna Sausages. I looked at Paula and said I would rather die in the initial blast............
    Easy decision...
    Rich Desmond
    1980 GS1000S
    2007 V-Strom 650
    2008 Ducati 848
    2002 DR-Z400S
    1999 SV650 (race bike)

Burque73 is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

That's funny. I went shopping yesterday and grabbed a few cans of beanee weenees, spam and some soups just to have on hand. My wife was not excited about my "survival food" LOL. My list isn't complete, still need to get potted ham and vienna sausages, ooh barbecue ones.
    Roger

1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A

Toilet paper!
    Anyone seeing empty shelves in the store?
    Is everyone going to self quarantine?
    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
    2007 DRz 400S
    1999 ATK 490ES
    1994 DR 350SES

marvinsc is offline Forum LongTimer GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

I was in Kroger over the weekend and they were completely out of Alcohol (The disinfectant kind)
    2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Those 'preppers' are funny. Hoarders of a different stripe. Unless firearms and large stockpiles of ammo are involved. Then it becomes scary.

Until the shyte hits the fan. Then they become our best friends. "Hey neighbor! Can I borrow a cup of sugar and a thousand rounds of 30.06?"
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

The toilet paper thing is just nutty. Hoarding supplies forces everyone else who isn't panicked into the same behaviour. I'm sure if anyone needs to isolate themselves family and friends can bring toilet paper and leave it on their doorstep.

A lot of people are going to get sick and trigger a recession but this isn't the apocalyptic end of civilization.
    1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Quote Originally Posted by wyly View Post
    The toilet paper thing is just nutty. Hoarding supplies forces everyone else who isn't panicked into the same behaviour. I'm sure if anyone needs to isolate themselves family and friends can bring toilet paper and leave it on their doorstep.

A lot of people are going to get sick and trigger a recession but this isn't the apocalyptic end of civilization.
    Yup, real nutty and bum wad sales will really tank when this is over with because Covid19 is a respiratory virus .....not a butt burner. LOL.
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

It would appear that some publishers are in agreement with the general view of their standards of journalism
    https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...paper-shortage
    80 GS850GT
    79 Z400B

cowboyup3371 is offline Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

I do my grocery shopping at the Air Force Base commissary and even their shelves for toilet paper and disinfectant wipes were almost empty. Although they had signs about distributor shortages, it’s amazing me of the level of blind hysteria this is getting to. Heck, Ohio State University is canceling all in-person classes for the next month according to the news.

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"