Page 209 of 210 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210 LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2100

Thread: Coronavirus Craziness

cowboyup3371 is offline Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

And yet here I sit in the bloody parking lot of the ER as my younger daughter has chest pains (NOT COVID) and I’m not allowed inside with her. She has Myotonic Dystrophy Type I which is the muscles inability to relax. One possible result you may ask? How about cardiac arrest? I’m not saying that’s the issue but she has been complaining of chest pains since before work this evening. It finally just got to the point I decided to bring her in.

Both of us wear masks and are not showing ANY symptoms yet I’m not allowed to be with her. That’s crap and everyone knows it

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

God, man, you have not been given a break this past year. I am so sorry. Please let us know how she is.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 883 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

trevor is offline Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
    And yet here I sit in the bloody parking lot of the ER as my younger daughter has chest pains (NOT COVID) and Iím not allowed inside with her. She has Myotonic Dystrophy Type I which is the muscles inability to relax. One possible result you may ask? How about cardiac arrest? Iím not saying thatís the issue but she has been complaining of chest pains since before work this evening. It finally just got to the point I decided to bring her in.

Both of us wear masks and are not showing ANY symptoms yet Iím not allowed to be with her. Thatís crap and everyone knows it
    I'm sorry Cowboy...I sure hope everything is ok with your daughter. I know not being allowed in the hospital sucks. My wife was in the hospital for 8 days in Aug with a serious blood infection that attacked her already leaky heart valve....my son and I could not see her.
    Then of course in Sept I was in the hospital for 11 days after my accident. Again, my wife and son could not come in to see me...
    Hang in there buddy.
    No signature

cowboyup3371 is offline Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Thanks guys. She just texted me saying the doctor thinks it’s related to her myotonic dystrophy but that her heart is fine. Think one hell of a debilitating muscle spasm in her chest. However they are doing more tests (waiting on an X-ray result right now) so still sitting here in the parking lot instead of the room with her.

One of the scary things that we both have had on our minds is what the geneticist first told her when he realized she might have it (before the test confirmed it). At 16 years of age she heard the words sudden cardiac arrest as a possible consequence she would face at any time. It really floored her and has been a fear of mine ever since. This is actually the first time we have had to deal with the chest pains as most of her issues have involved her jaw, hands, hips, or knees locking up (she broke our dining room table in August when her knee locked and she fell into it).

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

So glad she is okay!
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 883 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

trevor is offline Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Good news Cowboy! Thanks for the great update.
    No signature

Hang in there!
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyup3371 View Post

Both of us wear masks and are not showing ANY symptoms yet I’m not allowed to be with her. That’s crap and everyone knows it
    no, it is not crap.
    it's also not rocket science ... but there you go.
    smh

we will be wallowing in this mire longer than nec, when so many just can't grasp the basics. oh well.
    1100 Katana / 1100 ES

Real eyes, realise, real lies.

Quote Originally Posted by ptegsotic View Post
    no, it is not crap.
    it's also not rocket science ... but there you go.
    smh

we will be wallowing in this mire longer than nec, when so many just can't grasp the basics. oh well.
    No, it is crap. If they'd gone to WalMart together, they'd both be allowed in. If they'd booked a flight somewhere, they'd be sitting elbow-to-elbow sharing an armrest. But a medical emergency? Best separate them so they can't be there to support one-another. *rollseyes*

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Cowboy.
    1994 Suzuki RF600R
    2005 Suzuki Hayabusa
    2020 Suzuki Katana

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Hayabuser View Post
    No, it is crap. If they'd gone to WalMart together, they'd both be allowed in. If they'd booked a flight somewhere, they'd be sitting elbow-to-elbow sharing an armrest. But a medical emergency? Best separate them so they can't be there to support one-another. *rollseyes*

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Cowboy.
    Walmart isn't our last line of defense..... A hospital is..... No hospital in the world is letting anyone who isn't a patient in right now ..... Masks are not perfect... Even doctors wearing N 95 masks are getting { and transmitting } the virus.... One person transmitting in a hospital and you have an outbreak .... We've already seen it here ..... { St. Paul's Vancouver and Burnaby Hospital } The last thing we want is to risk our last line of defense against the virus.... I understand Cowboy's frustration .... It is his daughter ... But common sense must prevail in disease prevention .....
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750