Page 298 of 389 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308348 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 3884

Thread: Coronavirus Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RustyTank View Post
    Because the U.S. is not governed by a one party communist dictatorship.
    Just out of curiosity, do you have a little Joe McCarthy bobble head on your desk ?
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Burque73 is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by ptegsotic View Post
    got boosted by Moderna today ( j&j originally)

turned up for appt made weeks ago and pharmacy was most apologetic that shipment hadn't arrived.

turns out the local Walmart does walk-ins, no problem. easy peasy! no side effects
    Glad you had no side effects. Wish I could say the same.

Went into a clinic yesterday around 10AM for the booster. At about 7PM I felt achy, 8PM shivering and fever. Didn't let up till 4AM. Tylenol and Motrin helped, but no sleep last night. I just kept watching the clock waiting till I could take more Motrin or Tylenol.

Feeling fine now though. Man, that sucked!

A side note, I asked the Dr at this little clinic how I could check if my mom had received her booster. Since the nursing home she was in won't return our phone calls, we can't verify if what mom says is true, that she got the shot in there. (She's got dementia)

The Dr said no problem. What's her name and date of birth, I'll check for you. Pretty sure there's a major hipaa violation there. Anyway, she showed me the computer screen and there's no record of her booster. Now we wonder if mom got the shot and they just didn't record it or she didn't get it at all.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

RustyTank is offline Forum Mentor Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by bccap View Post
    Just out of curiosity, do you have a little Joe McCarthy bobble head on your desk ?
    lol, no. I was just trying to make a point as to why we can't "DO THIS THING" the way Vmass was suggesting.
    Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
    1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

RustyTank is offline Forum Mentor Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Burque73 View Post
    Glad you had no side effects. Wish I could say the same.

Went into a clinic yesterday around 10AM for the booster. At about 7PM I felt achy, 8PM shivering and fever. Didn't let up till 4AM. Tylenol and Motrin helped, but no sleep last night. I just kept watching the clock waiting till I could take more Motrin or Tylenol.

Feeling fine now though. Man, that sucked!
    Which booster did you get? I've heard that for whatever reason Moderna is prone to side effects more often than Pfizer. That also could be a bunch a bull pucky, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Burque73 View Post
    A side note, I asked the Dr at this little clinic how I could check if my mom had received her booster. Since the nursing home she was in won't return our phone calls, we can't verify if what mom says is true, that she got the shot in there. (She's got dementia)

The Dr said no problem. What's her name and date of birth, I'll check for you. Pretty sure there's a major hipaa violation there. Anyway, she showed me the computer screen and there's no record of her booster. Now we wonder if mom got the shot and they just didn't record it or she didn't get it at all.
    Are you in the same area as the nursing home? If so couldn't you go to the facility yourself?
    Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
    1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

Burque73 is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Which booster did you get? I've heard that for whatever reason Moderna is prone to side effects more often than Pfizer. That also could be a bunch a bull pucky, I don't know.

Are you in the same area as the nursing home? If so couldn't you go to the facility yourself?
    I've had Moderna for all three shots. Same for wife. We went together yesterday and she feels fine, only a sore arm.

The Dr made sure to have us look at the bottle and verify the vaccine we were given. Then she drew it into the syringe and had us verify it was .25 mL. For the other two shots I sat in the seat of my truck and never saw the bottle or payed attention to how much was in the syringe. Kinda just took it all for granted.

As far as the nursing home, yes, I'm only 10 miles or so from there. It's challenging even in person to get answers. My sister finally got a call back from the records department. Mom was in fact given the booster shot. Them not updating her records is troubling. I hope we never have to see her go into one of those facilities again.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

rustybronco is offline Forum LongTimer Bard Award Winner
    GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by ptegsotic View Post
    got boosted by Moderna today ( j&j originally)

turned up for appt made weeks ago and pharmacy was most apologetic that shipment hadn't arrived.

turns out the local Walmart does walk-ins, no problem. easy peasy! no side effects
    I got boosted on Oct 8th...Pfizer for all my vaccinations. I had no affects from it.

Today, I had my TB done as well...go back on Friday for official verification but my arm has no redness.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

I had my JD shot today... Well actually it was a double, so I should be good for a while. No side effects, well except for this big smile on my face! 🙂
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    21 Triumph Tiger 900 GT (For Sale)
    16 Yamaha FJR1300 (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Quote Originally Posted by storm 64 View Post
    I had my JD shot today... Well actually it was a double, so I should be good for a while. No side effects, well except for this big smile on my face! 
    Good for you, Norm!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

The Pfizer booster laid me out-more than the 1st or 2nd shot had.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f