No announcement yet.

82 GS1100E Mr Turbo Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just rode it yesterday, so fun. Just pulls and pulls. Not sure I posted these but if a repeat my apologies. Can't get enough of the way it looks. Pics were taken by the tuner's photographer, since then I've put a standard seat on and side cover back on the intake side. I need to get the original photos from him, the first 3 are just screen grabs from Instagram. Last one is from yesterday prior to ride.

Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
    '79 GS100E
    Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Maybe some 'moving pictures', possibly with sound (turbo sound)? You have a son who can video you zooming by, don't you?

I could really use this as my two brothers today told me they would make sure I never ride a motorcycle or drive a car again. They don't even want me to attempt to get back on my ten speed English racer. They didn't even want me to come home in May, they wanted me to live in an 'assisted living' facility.

So let me live a little vicariously through you. Thanks!
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Looking great.
        Retro vibe to the pics. Cycle Guide '83?
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

That looks amazing! We definitely need some video.
          Bikes:

1980 GS1000 restomod
          2006 GSXR 750

Comment

Well, my son took a couple short videos of me riding to the end of the cul-de-sac and back. In shorts and flip flops, no helmet. Don't report me to the fuzz! I am setting a bad example, will do better soon. I want to use his 360 cam that has a chest mount this weekend perhaps. I also may take it to Cars & Coffee. It's got a head gasket leak and puffs a bit of smoke but is fine to ride and I'd rather just enjoy it until I finish my CB750, then will get it sorted.

Sorry to hear that you are not going to ride Rob.

Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
            '79 GS100E
            Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Sounded great! Thanks.
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Nice video....the grin says it all.
                You hooligan! I'm callin' the Fuzz!
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Dammit. I am just green with envy. I have been looking for a GS11 turbo for ages. Congratz oldGSfan. Very well done.
                  Paul

sigpic

Originally posted by Grimly
                  Watery bints handing out swords is no basis for any system of government.

Comment

More smiles per mile...looks like a fun bike!
                    Bikes:

1980 GS1000 restomod
                    2006 GSXR 750

Comment

These old bike look so much cleaner without mirrors. Not practical / safe, but it definitely makes photos nicer.
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

That sounds absolutely awesome, love it!
                        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

I have a 2nd Napoleon bar-end for the throttle side, plus the originals. Napoleons do the job just fine but I'd have to cut through the grip and throttle's plastic sleeve, and I just got a genuine Suzuki one so I'm hesitant to cut it. I have to decide, been waffling. As it is now, having just one bar end mirror, it's not good enough, so sorting this out is the next fix in the line.

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                          These old bike look so much cleaner without mirrors. Not practical / safe, but it definitely makes photos nicer.
                          Last edited by oldGSfan; 12-05-2020, 02:27 AM.
                          Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                          '79 GS100E
                          Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

I've had the Napoleons on mine for ages. The fairing mounted mirrors on the 1150 are mostly useless.
                            No need to cut the throttle tube on mine as the 1150 came with factory bar end weights.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Bike looks awesome and sounds great. What wheels are those?
                              1982 GS1100EZ, second owner, 11,000 miles
                              2000 XR650R, plated

Comment

EPM - by Arturo Magni of Italy - MV Agusta fame. Pretty rare. Front is magnesium 18x2.5 and very light. Rear is aluminum, 18x3.5. The original owner really did like his top shelf gear.

Originally posted by dweller View Post
                                Bike looks awesome and sounds great. What wheels are those?
                                Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                                '79 GS100E
                                Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Working...
                                X