Lighting ON/OFF and headlight dimmer switch confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah, so.

....I can see it might be a lot thriftier to buy a single roll but (Forgive me) I can't help thinking I might have bought more colours of wire to represent the 3 root circuits,(Lights,starter, ignition and ground-maybe red too for main+ supply ) and then use a label machine from there but since you're doing just one bike...and since my plan is already up to 5 half-used rolls that'd be unused clutter, you'll probably be the happiest!

Still, maybe you can wrap the circuits with a coloured tape on the end. a list of numbers might be a little boggling in poor light.
    Last edited by Gorminrider; 03-23-2020, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arek View Post
      Hi All,

Here's an update.

After doing a lot of searching in different schematics, I figured it out. In Europe we have the lighting switch on the right hand, which sends + to the left hand dimmer switch. From here there are two options into the head lamp, HI or LO. Nothing hocus pocus about that!

Another thing I learned: you can pretty much do your wiring as you like on older / more simple bikes (well with some rules that don't allow to be bent), and since I'm redoing the entire harness, then I decided to do it the way I want it.

Here's an image of the finished harmes (with no heat shrink yet). Almost all wiring done in black as I did not bother to find 34 different colours at 6 different vendors, but all ends have these cenvron-shaped plastic clips on.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60508[/ATTACH]
      Boy stay away from the Corona (beer) with an all black harness. Good job if you can pull it off.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
        Boy stay away from the Corona (beer) with an all black harness. Good job if you can pull it off.
        Corona treatin' me fine for now (both beer and virus). Or in other words, haven't had a headache yet.
        Current build status on image below:
        image.jpg
        -----------
        GS450E 1985
        Wroom Wroom Wroom!

Comment

Originally posted by Arek View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]60707[/ATTACH]
          Man, that's purty! I took a quick glance and thought it was a Skunk 1000.
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
          X