anyone from the chopper days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
    I kind of like it. A slice of the 70's... I'd never ride it though, but it would (look) good in a collection. 👍
    I agree. (Not a bot.)
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
      migod! no front brake! (...and it Looks like he's steering a shopping cart)
      Yeah, watching it weeble wobble in to the pump as slow speeds made me shudder.
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

There ARE choppers that look good (not the one like I saw):

~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Built this with a stick welder only, 28 tears ago. It's still here. Bored to 708cc, currently getting a custom electronic ignition (my boy is a machinist). Forks are 750 Honda, 6" over. I spent 250 bucks starting with a stock 1973 TX650 Yamaha.

Comment

Originally posted by wymple View Post
                Built this with a stick welder only, 28 tears ago. It's still here. Bored to 708cc, currently getting a custom electronic ignition (my boy is a machinist). Forks are 750 Honda, 6" over. I spent 250 bucks starting with a stock 1973 TX650 Yamaha.
                i havent really been on this site in a while, so late to see but that things badass! love seeing twisted metal!

is that a magneto infront of the frame??

edit: i guess you saying you're getting a custom electrical ignition kinda answers my question.
                Last edited by timebombprod; 07-03-2020, 03:00 AM.
                Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                1982 XS650

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
                  The looks thing to me has to do with fit and finish. The "back in the day" look is due to custom parts made by hand and the imperfections that resulted from that. With AutoCAD and 5 axis milling machines the custom bikes these days look like they came off the showroom floor or bolted together from parts out of the Arlen Ness catalog. My favorites are the ones a guy did in his own garage, maybe with the help of some buddies. That has more to do with "good old days" nastalgia than anything else.
                  kinda reviving the thread but yeah i like the look and backstory of a bike that was built in a garage/shed with the boys over one that looks like its a factory finished, those certain unsymmetrical or flawed pieces/designs give it character!

the highly custom bikes of today are surely a work of art, and i can appreciate it but sometimes art is all they end up being; ya gotta be able to ride them and not polish and wax it every time u stop.
                  Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                  1982 XS650

Comment

Originally posted by timebombprod View Post
                    i havent really been on this site in a while, so late to see but that things badass! love seeing twisted metal!

is that a magneto infront of the frame??

edit: i guess you saying you're getting a custom electrical ignition kinda answers my question.
                    Just a container

Comment

Originally posted by wymple View Post
                      Just a container
                      Aw darn still a sick ride
                      Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                      1982 XS650

Comment

Working...
                      X