Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2020 New England Rides..

gs scott is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Default 2020 New England Rides..

Spring is almost here in New England, more and more bikes are getting out on these "warmer" days.
    Corona Virus aside, it would be good to get out for a ride!

- Jethro, Skip - any plans for the annual day-before Mother's Day Catskills run?

- Justin - make a reservation for Coolidge in September?
    Scott
    1982 GS1000S #1 bought in 84, #2 gone, #3 in hibernation
    1983 GS1100ES #1 (bought in 03, July 09 BOM, 65k traded in 17), #2 New daily rider, #3 in hibernation
    1982 GS1100E Red #1 - Original owner, sold in 93, #2 (Red) sold in 20 to Andy B
    2018 Gold Wing Tour - new out of the crate 1st non-Suzuki in 38 years

I have 3K miles on so far this season with the T120. Been cold most times but a couple gorgeous day (40-50 degree days). I usually need to go to Florida to get a start like that but despite for an occasional poor weather (and declined vacation even before COVID-19) I think my buddies that are now upstairs set me up this year...

As for Coolidge I have not made the call yet, I was exceptionally busy with work until about a week ago... I know Vermont employees are all off or working from home, unsure what the state park employees are doing. I'm personally unsure what is happening at work at this point and am reluctant to put a deposit down. With Academics being pushed back more and more I wouldn't be surprised the kids will be allowed back in September which means I will be in a scurry to get my whole operation out of moth balls, ramp up on getting my staff back, hiring new staff and getting them trained. I am guessing I would not be able to get the time off. If this situation continues I will be out of work by June and I will need to burn my unused my vacation. Luckily I'll be sitting on +4 months by then, California trip is out of the question unless we see some huge changes. I'm not banking on it. So I'm guessing I will be absent for Coolidge again this year. I am holding onto my coin until I see some light at the end of the tunnel first.

Down state NY is messed up from what I heard. My Boss lives in Saratoga and he will be home for at least a month, maybe 2. Catskill ride would be great reprieve but I wouldn't want to do it NY. They have cops on the NY borders now turning folks around. Vermont is talking border checkpoints for we have had WAY too many people coming up... Maybe in a couple of months this will simmer down but NY is exploding and the bordering states are watching nervously.

I think trips are going to be put on hold or canceled, especially for the next few months. I know the central US guys MAY BE POSTPONING Brown County already and it makes sense. September is a good thing to look forward to! I may not be able to go which would be good! Because if I could go that means I'll be unemployed.

Best,
    Last edited by Jedz123; 03-31-2020 at 06:01 AM.
    Jedz Moto
    2016 Yamaha FJ-09 Tracer - Fazer 900 The Mule
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125 - Back road discoverer
    1996 BMW R1100R
    1996 Harley Davidson Sportster XL1200 - The Freedom Eagle
    2015 Kymco Agility 125 - Wife's bike
    2017 Honda Fit - The Cheap New Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Baatfam is online now Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Jedz123 View Post
    I am holding onto my coin until I see some light at the end of the tunnel first.
    Good move, us also.
    Bob T.

"That which you manifest is before you." -- Enzo
    "I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble." -- Rudyard Kipling
    "...for our existence to hold any value, it must end. To live meaningful lives, we must die and not return." -- Number Six

'83 GS1100E ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '99 TRIUMPH TROPHY 900 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

[QUOTE=Jedz123;2595062] I know the Mid West guys canceled Brown County already and it makes sense.

Says who? I haven't seen any official postponement issued yet. My fingers are crossed and I still plan on making the pilgrimage to Indiana in June, but of course, we will just have to wait and see.
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.

[QUOTE=alke46;2595333]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedz123 View Post
    I know the Mid West guys canceled Brown County already and it makes sense.

Says who? I haven't seen any official postponement issued yet. My fingers are crossed and I still plan on making the pilgrimage to Indiana in June, but of course, we will just have to wait and see.
    I'm still planning on going. We may possibly have to postpone a little, but cancel... noooo
    My Motorcycles:
    21 Triumph Tiger 900 GT (coming to a town near you)
    16 Yamaha FJR1300 (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    82 750e (parts Bike)
    80 KZ650f (needs restored)

OH that's good to hear. So sorry guys, I just re read Brian's post and I totally misread it the first go round... I amended my post.
    My California trip is blown out of the water now... Work has pushed commencement to some time in June and I needed that month to get across country and back. Sitting on nearly 3.5 months of vacation and I can't use it.
    If you guys move it back I might be able to come this year! We will see...
    Thanks
    Last edited by Jedz123; 03-31-2020 at 06:06 AM.
    Jedz Moto
    1996 BMW R1100R
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Baatfam is online now Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

[QUOTE=storm 64;2595355]
    Quote Originally Posted by alke46 View Post

I'm still planning on going. We may possibly have to postpone a little, but cancel... noooo
    I think we will have to postpone. The question is, will it be fall of 2020, or spring of 2021?
    Bob T.

"That which you manifest is before you." -- Enzo
    "I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble." -- Rudyard Kipling
    "...for our existence to hold any value, it must end. To live meaningful lives, we must die and not return." -- Number Six

'83 GS1100E ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '99 TRIUMPH TROPHY 900 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

cowboyup3371 is offline Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

If we are doing spring of 2021, might as well make it a full week in June instead of the four days it is (counting Thursday and Sunday)

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

FYI Vermont has put a ban on all out of state non-Essential travel effective as long as the say at home order is in place...
    That ends on the 15th of April but will likely be extended longer. So no one is allowed in unless they have a Green plate or working papers.
    Glad I have work still, even if it's remote.
    Roads will be nice to have to myself, a vacation from the vacationers...
    Be well all,
    Jedz Moto
    1996 BMW R1100R

I would love to get together and ride! I will be happy to lead a Catskill run once this crap settles. I have every other fri, sa, and sun off and plan on getting some miles out of state. Right now though I think New York is the last place I want to ride to.