Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by hank2 View Post
    Admiral Beez, my '81 GS650G also came with some more or less rectangular mirrors. Not sure if they were after market or from another model. They were useless for seeing anything but yourself. The OEM mirrors were side specific, chromed and long stemmed with round mirrors. I found one NOS old style left mirror on ebay. Then found another new oem current part no. style for the right. Both at far less than current factory parts discounters. What an improvement in rear vision, just perfect.

The originals were dedicated to either left or right mount. The current style you will get on the new part no. has two joints to adapt the same mirror to left or right mount. So mine don't match, but I could care less. Sorry, I no longer have a record of the original part no.'s. If the oem or new oem type interests you, check about on ebay if you can tolerate the place.

The current part no. is for left or right use. Chrome, with black joints. The parts fiche illustration is not what you get now.
    MIRROR ASSY,REA
    56500-38AB1

$75.74 at Partzilla.
    Is this price for both mirrors or just one? Do you have the part # for thr damper?
    1982 Suzuki GS650G

As to dampers, a piece of old inner tube cut into the shape of a washer and placed on the stud does wonders and only costs the time to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Beez View Post
    Do you have the part # for thr damper?
    Look in post #8.

mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Beez View Post
    Is this price for both mirrors or just one? Do you have the part # for thr damper?
    Sorry for the late reply. That is the price for one, unfortunately. Works for left or right. The oem ones that I sourced from ebay came with the dampeners. I don't know if the dealer sold ones do or not.
    1981 Suzuki GS650G

Huh, I never noticed those dampeners in my parts fiche before. $15/pc seems a bit much, and more than the price of a pair of mirrors. I may try LAB3’s trick with a washer made from inner tube. Though the eBay mirrors I linked in post 2 for some reason don’t transmit the vibration like other mirrors I’ve had. Or, and I’m spitballing here- these mirrors also followed new fork seals/fork oil, and valve adjustment. I have an idea that maybe those things could have smoothed out vibrations?

Also, I’m guessing the my 16v inherently vibrates less than a 8v. Anyone proof to support that theory?

Quote Originally Posted by Rust_to_Redemption View Post
    I run these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-4-Rou...MAAOSwMNxXb8MB

With the vibration dampers they work really well. Have had them on several bikes, they hold up very well, and are close to OEM quality for half the cost.
    I like how they’re black. I’m tired of polishing chrome. I’m thinking if I ever get a Triumph Bonneville it’ll be the all black motor and pipes model.

It’s a funny thing, after twelve years riding a 1969 Triumph 500cc twin that vibrated like hell, I find the non damped mirrors on my Suzuki to be clear. This bike is so smooth compared to the Triumph.
    Last edited by Admiral Beez; 04-05-2020 at 09:46 AM.
    1982 Suzuki GS650G

Hmmm.... I thought Id look away from Amazon and eBay as their service to Canada is never as good as in the USA.

Why are these so pricey? Better in some way? I like the idea of longer stems.

https://fortnine.ca/en/drag-specialt...ngular-mirrors
    1982 Suzuki GS650G