GS1000S Rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000S Rendering

After seeing the new Katana I was rather disappointed. Rear end high in the air, 3.5 gallon tank, kind of a pooch in the midrange. Kawasaki nailed it with their Z900. Here's a rendering of a new GS1000S. Sign me up. I got a deposit written already

Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
    Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
    Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

ditto... this would make a great stable mate to the Z900 in the shed!
    My Rides:
    2018 Z900RS
    1973 CB750 K3
    1979 GS1000S

Comment

It's sure been making the rounds on facebook. Yep...I have a cheque waiting too.
      No signature

Comment

Phwoar...... have some of that!
        -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

I like most of it. That trumpet exhaust looks really silly. Suzuki hasn't designed a good looking sport exhaust in a decade.
          A stainless dual exhaust would sell me. Is it impossible to sell a dual exhaust nowadays?

"Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

What is that part that looks like a rifle scabbard, angled down the side? Nope exhaust is too modern looking. I still can't like the empty space between the rear tire & the seat. For me a dummy shock would make it look a lot better.
            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
              I like most of it. That trumpet exhaust looks really silly. Suzuki hasn't designed a good looking sport exhaust in a decade.
              A stainless dual exhaust would sell me. Is it impossible to sell a dual exhaust nowadays?

It might be. There's probably a catalytic converter under there that can't be routed around easily. Anyhow, Suzuki isn't likely to make a component that expensive for relatively low volume. Hopefully they would prove me wrong for a thing like this though. That looks good. Anyhow, I don't mind the exhaust on it. And it's only a render. How many of the original S were converted to 4->1?

Anyhow, the engine should be sliver, and what exhaust there is shouldn't be black.

So yeah, I like it. I wonder if I can hang some GK luggage on it. Color matched, like Simon did.
              Dogma
              --
              O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
              '80 GS850 GLT
              '80 GS1000 GT
              '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                What is that part that looks like a rifle scabbard, angled down the side? Nope exhaust is too modern looking. I still can't like the empty space between the rear tire & the seat. For me a dummy shock would make it look a lot better.
                That's a big chunk of frame.
                Dogma
                --
                O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                '80 GS850 GLT
                '80 GS1000 GT
                '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

A retro looking Yosh slip-on would get rid of the muffler. I'm assuming thats a euro-spec muffler? All brands seem to have that hideous style.
                  Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                  Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                  Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

I REALLY like that. Let's be real here, the U.S. model will have a MUCH more hideous muffler than that on it, LOL. Slip-on replacement for sure. If they really do this, they should bring back the skunk too. In all of the vintage color schemes too...
                    '83 GS 1100T
                    The Jet

sigpic
                    '95 GSXR 750w
                    The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

That space is easily filled by a couple of boards just waiting for a bogus race number on them.
                      Alternatively, they could be used to keep throw-overs from tangling the wheel.
                      ---- Dave
                      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

I like it, too. I would paint the front fender more like the original scheme was..blue with the the white center stripe...but the rest of the body work looks good. I also like the blacked out wheels and engine. Hmm..wonder why..
                        1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

I've never been a fan of nostalgia - it's not what it used to be.... but the top half of this is a better effort than any other remake I can think of. It looks clean and purposeful. I can understand the challenges on the bottom half, it's a damn sight better looking than most any new Japanese bike I can think of.
                          Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                          '79 GS100E
                          Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Originally posted by nvr2old View Post
                            I like it, too. I would paint the front fender more like the original scheme was..blue with the the white center stripe...but the rest of the body work looks good. I also like the blacked out wheels and engine. Hmm..wonder why..
                            You trend setting fool you.
                            Larry, you should sue them for copyright infringement.
                            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by oldGSfan View Post
                              I've never been a fan of nostalgia...
                              Yeah. Could you point out the radiator on that bike you're rebuilding?
                              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
                              X