No announcement yet.

Pilot screw turns: the saga continues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you scroll to the very bottom of the page linked, there is a link to a chart to convert DynoJet to Mikuni. Unfortunately, the link is not working but the conversion factor seems to be .9375.
    So maybe a 124 DynoJet would be about 132 in Mikuni. 124 divided by .9375=132.26. Looking at it from the other direction, .9375 times 132.26 (Mikuni)=124 Dynojet. If you're thinking it's lean, you need to end up somewhere north of 132 Mikuni
    Last edited by 1948man; 05-20-2020, 06:17 PM.
    1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
    1983 GS 1100 G
    2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
    2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
    1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Hmm, yeah, it’s strange. The charts I see show you need a bigger dyno to compare to a mikuni. I also have Factory Pros which im told are same as Keihin..? Why dyno cant just make them the same I don’t understand.
      I mapped out my jet collection on some paper today.
      C7AAC2B7-3801-4B9D-B56D-410715B2E6A0.jpg
      hurts my head trying to get an idea how they compare. Probably just need to get new mikunis when I get there.
      1983 GS750ES WITH UNI PODS, 4-1 KERKER
      We can rebuild her. We have the technology.

Comment

Just ran some 145’s.
        I have everything set how Steve suggested last couple runs- baselines and 3 turns out. Not changing anything except bigger mikuni mains.
        Thought 145’s would be crazy rich especially when I had choke on but I resisted the urge to think about it much. When I got out there I was surprised it sounded better. Still popping on decel and small throttle inputs and also falling on it’s face if I go lower than 1600rpm with the idle speed.
        Could I have been that lean originally??! I’m excited to go bigger. Feel like I’m on the right path now. 145’s, jeesh!

Comment

2EEB3CCE-E3B8-4AA3-914B-2FC9C3FA068B.jpgHere’s a pic for reference

Comment

Yeah, I could have it backwards as far as which is bigger at the same number. Somehow I inferred that from post 61. Searching back, it seems maybe its .9375 times Dynojet=Mikuni. He!!, I'm confusing myself but at least maybe ,9375 is the factor used in some way to convert.
            Last edited by 1948man; 05-21-2020, 05:36 AM.
            1983 GS 1100 G

Comment

dynojet.jpg

Don't know if this is big enough to read. Yeah, I guess it is if you click on it.
              1983 GS 1100 G

Comment

Originally posted by 1948man View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]61092[/ATTACH]

Don't know if this is big enough to read. Yeah, I guess it is if you click on it.
                yes, that’s the the best one I could find too. Thank you

Comment

I have 3 147.5 for some reason and 150’s before I run out of mikunis

Comment

Wow, looks like they're using 130 Dynojet which would equal 122.5 Mikuni. Is there any chance your pods are really unrestrictive?
                    Last edited by 1948man; 05-21-2020, 05:28 PM.
                    1983 GS 1100 G

Comment

You could put a 250 main jet in there and it would have no effect on idle or any throttle position under 1/2 . If you're having idle probs and low rpm probs, changing the main jets is just giving your screwdriver a workout.
                      1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Originally posted by TxGSrider View Post
                        You could put a 250 main jet in there and it would have no effect on idle or any throttle position under 1/2 . If you're having idle probs and low rpm probs, changing the main jets is just giving your screwdriver a workout.
                        Im jetting following proper sequence. Finding the main is the first step. I’m just observing the effects my changes are having down the line. Since the fuel that run through the main feeds all three circuits in the carb it does effect everything to a certain degree. If I have my mix screws screwed out all the way this whole time, eventually I should start to see a jet where the idle gets rich. If it doesn’t, I’ll never be able to tune idle.

Comment

Originally posted by EDGECRUSHER View Post
                          Im jetting following proper sequence. Finding the main is the first step. I’m just observing the effects my changes are having down the line. Since the fuel that run through the main feeds all three circuits in the carb it does effect everything to a certain degree. If I have my mix screws screwed out all the way this whole time, eventually I should start to see a jet where the idle gets rich. If it doesn’t, I’ll never be able to tune idle.
                          Ok, don't believe me. The Factory Pro sequence assumes you're in the ballpark with your pilot jet (and you're using the correct style), along with a needle with a correct taper. The main jet has almost 0 effect on your idle and low rpms/small throttle openings. But carry on, I'm just trying to help.
                          1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

I’m not tuning idle right now. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X