83 Gs 650gl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 Gs 650gl

So I've been searching for about 2 years now to find a replacement seat for my 650 and so far no luck! Does anybody know of a replacement that will fit or maybe know of a company that makes a decent aftermarket seat that will work?
    1983 GS650GL First Bike!

Is the pan in decent shape? If only little rust or a few holes, some have used fiberglass to reinforce and refurb the pan. If the edges are rusted through, look for a used pan on eBay that’s in better shape. I’ve read good things about replacement seat covers from pitreplica. I had a local upholstery shop make me a new vinyl cover about 10 years ago, used the holey original as a template.

others may chime in with what other year/model seat may work on your bike, if any.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

You can get a new cover, I like saddleman covers, and replace the foam from Jo-Ann' s
      Get a block and glue together enough for a rough shape and the use a carving knife to shape items the original. Put the aftermarket cover over it and your done.

There are damn few seats left in the world for these bikes after 40 years.
      1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
      1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
        Is the pan in decent shape? If only little rust or a few holes, some have used fiberglass to reinforce and refurb the pan. If the edges are rusted through, look for a used pan on eBay that’s in better shape. I’ve read good things about replacement seat covers from pitreplica. I had a local upholstery shop make me a new vinyl cover about 10 years ago, used the holey original as a template.

others may chime in with what other year/model seat may work on your bike, if any.
        My seat pan is quite badly rusted unfortunately. I will check out that store!
        1983 GS650GL First Bike!

Comment

15866540731153066610493539154748.jpg
          This is what I've got to work with.
          1983 GS650GL First Bike!

Comment

15866542232571252576670372965788.jpg
            And this.
            1983 GS650GL First Bike!

Comment

I've seen far worse.
              Wire brush the rust off and maybe you can apply fiberglass resin to strengthen it
              1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
              1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by duaneage View Post
                I've seen far worse.
                Wire brush the rust off and maybe you can apply fiberglass resin to strengthen it
                Yea I may have to try that. Found one option but it's 300 for the seat, about 125 for shipping and it "may" fit my 650 🤦*@%^$♂️
                1983 GS650GL First Bike!

Comment

Working...
                X