Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel and Spark, where’s the air?

82 750T

So picked the bike up for a good price from a buddy. Bike run when he got it, but hasn’t in a while. He had pulled the carbs off too clean blah blah.

i had to rewire the bike (too easy). Cleaned the carbs and threw them on. Would start on starting fluid, but found I had no fuel. After chatting with Steve (the petcock King) I was able to get fuel flowing to the carbs. But still no luck.

Took them back off, dipped the essentials in berrymans, slapped them back on. Nada.

Ran out and grabbed new plugs, made a difference compared the disgusting things I pulled out, but still no luck.

All that being said, the air/mix screws have had the ole DREMEL trick done, but one is pretty bad. It’s the only one I can’t turn to gauge it’s position. And at this point it seems like I must be having an air issue.

However, I’m not an expert and always open to things to try.
    Suggestions?

Also relatively new to the forum, so I apologize if there are any formatting issues here

Matt
    1982 GS750T
    Daytona Beach ish
    Last edited by Guest; 04-17-2020, 08:28 AM.

Welcome. Congrats on the purchase. Good choice. But Im biased. You created a signature with your bike in it. That’s farther than a lot of new members ever get.

As far as formatting: You posted in the correct forum. However, your Title line, while maybe funny, will have only 2 likely results: 1. It won’t be read because the title is nonsense. 2. Any useful info that comes about in the course of he thread will never be found here by anyone because the search function of this site really only works when you search by titles only.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Haha full disclosure, it’s not a signature, just have read enough threads to know that I need to add that

i edited the title to be slightly more specfic. Hopefully that’s helpful for others who can help or may have a similar issue!!

Comment

Read
        Top 10 Newbie Mistakes

Bookmark BikeCliffs Website if you have not done so already. It’s linked in my signature. On that page, at the top of the right margin, there are links to 2 different but excellent CV carb rebuild tutorials. Both describe complete disassembly and, dipping all but the rubber bits in actual carb dip, replacing all the orings. Not sure what the ole DREMEL trick is.

Do you have the stock air boxes and air filter installed?
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Working...
        X