Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Corona Virus project! aka: Let's smoke 'em out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
    Want to help me quell todays headache? My carbs are cleaned and now it's time to get the linkages all hoked back up. Having a hard time finding pictures, instructions etc. Any leads on that? Have a copy of the factory service manual, the parts fische and a hard copy of the Clymer manual here and none of them are all that concise.
    I do not have any specific knowledge on the GL cables. Hopefully they are not as nightmarish as the CBX cables.
    There might be something in the Randakk tech tips.
    Here are some technical tips for your Honda GL1000 Motorcycle that you might find helpful.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

GW specific forums will help, try https://ngwclub.com. I just joined and they are a friendly and active group.

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
      Want to help me quell todays headache? My carbs are cleaned and now it's time to get the linkages all hoked back up. Having a hard time finding pictures, instructions etc. Any leads on that? Have a copy of the factory service manual, the parts fische and a hard copy of the Clymer manual here and none of them are all that concise.
      Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
      '79 GS100E
      Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Thanks for the tips. Cables are no biggie, it's all the linkage I took off to individually dip the carbs that I'm fighting with, so much so that i'm justifying doing yardwork instead of finishing the job!. Made an assumption there'd be at least a decent exploded view to work from and in my own admitted error I should have paid more attention to how it came apart.
        1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
        1982 GS450txz (former bike)
        LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Working...
        X