No announcement yet.

My "biggest" paint job yet..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No slide outs, I'd pass. I went from an older class c to a newer one with slide outs, i'd never go back to without, that small amount of extra width is really nice to have, once you've gotten it.
    Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Originally posted by nvr2old View Post
      You know what was the hardest part, Pete..keeping the paint going and keeping it wet so as not to leave any dry spots from top to bottom, front to back. That's a ton of surface area. We dropped the room temperature down to about 60 degrees so it wouldn't dry so fast. The hood was a b--ch. Matt had 4 cups of paint mixed and ready to go at all times with 2 guns and as soon as one was emptied I'd attach another one and go bumper to bumper. 3 coats for good coverage, never stopping in-between. It was almost 3 hours of constant spraying (with no exhaust fan). I couldn't even hardly move the next day.

My wife, like so many others around the world was furloughed TFN from her job. After almost a month she still hasn't received an unemployment check because of the backlog even though she was among the first in the state to sign up for it early after stay home orders. We're still waiting for our stimulus checks, too..but that's OK..that'll be appreciated whenever it does arrive. I feel very blessed to have my job considered "essential" and continue to work, but the extra money came at a very good time, so even though I tease about the job..I'm grateful for the opportunity to make a bit of cash on the side.

Thanks for looking..hope all are well and stay safe.
      Wow Larry that's a major job alright! I admire your tenacity!

That's a real shame with your wife, hope you're able to get that sorted out soon. So far I've had no financial impacts from the situation although I've been working from home for over a month now and there's no recreational riding allowed (essential travel only) so I'm going a little stir crazy, but that may change in a few weeks hopefully.

Keen to see the sunny bus pics if you can get some!
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
      X