• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome...Nice work.
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Excellent. It's really satisfying when it works.
      ---- Dave
      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

I regret to inform you that something has attached itself to the rear of your motorcycle. Is a bear cub hibernating in there, or is that the fabled child transport/rear spoiler?

Dude. I mean, dude. That's Twin Swirl Combustion Chamber, not shaft drive.

It looks like it's quick release, which is good. Luggage rack looks bolted on, so you'll need a hammer.

Seriously, great job in turning a disaster around.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Thanks Rob. I had a shop put that rack on for me years ago when the boys were little and I worried about them falling off. I didn’t discover until a few years later that they not only kept (tossed?) the original grab bar, but also ground off the forward mounting brackets for said grab bar. Since then, I’ve replaced just about everything that needed replaced. If I ever find another grab bar, I have a buddy that can weld up new brackets for me. The bear cub is carries my lunch, some tools, and rain gear.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Congratulations on getting it back to a fully operational status; it sure feels good doesn't it?
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Yes it does, Scott. It really does.
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Dang, ain't it amazing how much you've learned since March 23? Knowledge you'll be proud of forever. Job well done, well except for the little cable bracket you made. Congrats.
                1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Honestly, there aren't too many things more satisfying than hearing a motor start, after doing major work.
                  Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Rich, I think I said before, but in case I didn't congrats. Your journey is a great example of how wonderful this site is when a fellow member is in need of help. And untimely, don't be afraid to pat yourself on the back. After all YOU were the one turning the wrenches.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Thanks Norm, Scott, Dave, Big T, Ed, rphillips, Bob, Glen, et.al. It means a lot. It really is a testament to this great site, and more so, the great folks who contribute.
                      Rich
                      1982 GS 750TZ
                      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Looks awesome! Quick turn around for sure, now get out there any enjoy the bike!
                        - 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!
                        - 1977 GS750B - Sold but not forgotten

Comment

Working...
                        X