View Poll Results: What dates are best for you to attend the rally in Farmington MO?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • September 3 - 6

4 36.36%
  • September 10 - 13

8 72.73%
  • September 17 - 20

1 9.09%
  • September 24 - 27

4 36.36%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2020 Dave Davis Memorial Rally (Ozarks) best date poll

gbw is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by oramac View Post
    While I would love to do some riding this weekend. I have to bow out. Since being back to teaching, I have seen firsthand exactly how quickly things can change with COVID. Regardless of anyone's personal feelings on the pandemic, I have seen several students, faculty and staff quarantined and/or isolated due to COVID exposure or positive tests. In short, I really have to avoid risks right now. Additionally, with my daughter in high school, and my wife also teaching in a different school, if any of us contract it or are shown to have exposure through contract tracing, it's a triple-whammy, and we're all out for two weeks. Brown County in the summer was doable, because we were all out of school, but things have gotten complicated now that we are back to day-to-day instruction. Oh, and actually trying to teach is nightmarish right now, because despite what some in the public think, teachers are working harder and longer than ever. This has been the single most exhausting start to a school year since I started over twenty years ago.

Blah, blah, blah...I digress. It really bothers me to miss out again, but I hope to see you all in the spring, and pray that you have a safe and enjoyable weekend!
    Understandable. Things are so crazy and I feel your pain. With a wife somehow teaching kindergarten remotely, one kid doing remote 4th grade, and one kid doing in-person 11th grade, I completely commiserate with what you're going through and the decisions you're making for your family and students. We've already had one two-week quarantine due to possible exposure, but it ended up being nothing. It could have just as easily gone the other way.

We'll miss you and hope you and your family stay well and healthy. Strange days for sure.
    Current: 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
    Previous: 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Just rolled in at home from Farmington at 3:30 this afternoon. (left at 6:45am this morning) Did a total of 1430 miles, 600 of which were on some of the most spectacular roads that I have ever ridden!

Logged 23.38 hours of seat time during the 4 days on the Trophy.

Oh what fun it is chasing these guys around Missouri! And we ate very well also!

Can't wait until next year!
    Ron
    When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!

1978 GS750EC - Nov. 2017 BOTM - Sold
    1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
    1983 GS1100E
    1978 GS1000E - Sold
    1981 GS1100E - very slow work in progress!
    1985 GS550E - might never get to it!

gbw is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Home safe at about 3:30PM CDT. Real nice ride home. Ran into some rain the last hour or so, but no big deal.

All I have to say is...Best. Rally. Ever.

There were just six of us. Perfect for a single group of similarly skilled maniacs. We blasted all around the routes that Nardy and others curated for us. I was constantly amazed at the quality of the roads and lack of traffic. Seriously, there were several times I was simply amazed that there was NOBODY else on the roads. They were our personal playgrounds.

Nobody earned the That Guy trophy. Nick kept the tradition of working on a bike in the parking lot alive. I have a picture I'll post later. But everyone did great, stayed safe, rode hard, laughed a lot, and it was just a great weekend.

Good weather, only a hint of rain, and I never saw a cop the whole time we were riding. Didn't see any deer. I probably did kill a squirrel, but in my defence, it seemed like a suicide. We even saw a bald eagle, though I didn't recognize it.

The only way it could have been better is if more people could have joined. We missed all y'all that couldn't attend. But these are strange days and we understand. But hopefully soon we'll all be together again, and hope for similar weather and a similar good time.
    Current: 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
    Previous: 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Glad to see a couple of ride reports. I'm living vicariously through you all.
    http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/4802_575940144494_32311289_33696392_4482768_n.jpg

I got home safely shortly after 2 PM. Woke up at 3:15 and could not get back to sleep so finally around 4:45, I was rolling out of the hotel parking lot.

Sorry I missed the morning good-byes but I just could not wait until everyone was ready to go.

Great weekend with some highly skilled riders and we all got on rather well. No serious pucker moments and the weather and the lack of LEOs made for a wonderful ride.

Thanks to Greg for being an excellent leader of the pack and also to Joe Nardy and all the other guys that scouted and mapped out these wonderful roads for all of us to enjoy.

Hopefully next years rally will have a lot more attendees.
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.

bwringer is offline Forum LongTimer Bard Award Winner
    GSResource Superstar
    Super Site Supporter

Sorry I had to miss this one, and so happy to hear everything went well!

A few of us in Indiana had to stick closer to home, but were still able to get out for a fantastic few days of dual-sport riding in Indiana. Missouri has some great dual-sport riding as well, but it's really hard to give up all that sublime pavement...
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.