May 2020 Bike of the Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May 2020 Bike of the Month

About time for you Pete; congratulations.

Now, your 450 will show up next month right?
    sigpic
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

I always said, "There's no replacement for displacement." In fact, I coined that saying. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Nice job, Pete.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

The bike turned out great and the dedication and effort to complete it were even better.
      Congrats, Pete.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Congrats Pete.

Looks like you project was a success.

At some point we can see pics of THAT bike with the other Kats at the IGA store.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Isn't this March and last November the same bike?
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Congratulations Pete! Your bike is a real beauty!
            1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

I think this is the first time I have seen a picture of the completed Kat. Well done, Pete!
              '83 GS650G
              '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                Isn't this March and last November the same bike?
                Yes, it was, but nice enough to be featured twice in a short period
                '83 GS650G
                '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Well deserved Pete. Congratulations.
                  The resto thread was enjoyable and informative. The result is fantastic.
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Cheers guys! Yeah I must say it's pretty cool to have the Kat on the front page of the GSR

Definitely a huge thank you to those who offered advice, encouragement, and other help along the way. It wouldn't be done without all that so I'm very grateful! Hard to believe now but it's been on the road almost a year, 30th May last year was the first registration day.

I still get a big grin every time I ride it, definitely well worth the effort and time and it's most definitely a big tick in the dream bike box too.

As for the 450, I dare say it's pretty enough for BOTM days are well behind it, although if I can get motivated enough to finish the refresh off there's a chance it may get submitted again. As of two days ago we're now allowed to ride within 50km of home for non essential reasons so that definitely helps!

The Kat has made many an appearance at the IGA with the other Kats too, should be many more to come Here's a pic I prepared earlier...

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...66af709b_c.jpgUntitled by starpoint73, on Flickr
                    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Congrats Pete; well done. Hope you have many happy miles.

Comment

very nice build, I hope you are enjoying it.

Comment

I think this beauty needs a name. KitKat, maybe. Or PetesKat. Other names?
                          Expecting the Spanish Inquisition
                          1981 GS850G: the Ratzuki
                          1981 GS1100E

Comment

Nice looking Katana!
                            78' GS1000EC
                            79' GS850GN
                            79' GS1000N
                            79' GS1000EN
                            81' GS1100EX

Comment

Originally posted by zuluwiz View Post
                              I think this beauty needs a name. KitKat, maybe. Or PetesKat. Other names?
                              Seven/eleven?

I like Kit-Kat.

Comment

Working...
                              X