Current state of Bikebandit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current state of Bikebandit

I've been buying parts from Bikebandit for years and have always had great service but wanted share my recent experience with them hopefully help anybody else who needs to order parts. I got a flat on my DRZ400 (also I got a DRZ400) about a month ago and ordered a new tube and rim strip from bike bandit. While I was on the site, I remembered that my licence plate for my GS450 was zip tied on. I found some licence plate bolts and added them, too. A day or so later I got an automated email saying that the plate bolts were on backorder and that my order would ship when they got it or be cancelled 25 days later.

I tried calling the customer support number for BikeBandit which was disconnected. I then tried their chat function and filled out the form with my information when it said nobody was available. I also sent an email to their customer support team letting them know that I really only needed the tube and rim strip and that they could either send the bolts separately or cancel entirely, whichever was easier. I received an automated email from their support team saying they had received my inquiry and would reply soon. All normal and fine. I work in customer support so know how it goes.

Over the next week, I tried calling several times to see if I could get through. The number was disconnected. Tried the chat again, too, and about a week after I emailed again to try to get the tube and rim strip. As of now it's been over three weeks and I still have heard nothing about my order. I've called every few days in hopes that maybe they've just reduced their hours due to COVID but have yet to get anything but a message saying the number has been disconnected. It's been 25 days since I ordered and they charged my card. I guess I'll see whether or not they are even open to cancel the plate bolts - the timeline they gave me.

If you need parts, I would try somewhere else or at least try to call their sales team and order over the phone so that you can confirm when your parts will go out.
    1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
    1977 GS550
    1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

I also recently had long delays when ordering from Bike Bandit. I ordered some riding pants and a new face shield for my helmet. It's going on four weeks now... I did finally get through to customer service, they said it should be shipped this week.... so far nothing. It's not a big deal, but I with they would have told me about the delay when I ordered. In the past, I would get tires in 2 days!
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I had the same issue with an order. The phone number kept saying it was disconnected, but I kept calling and finally got through to a real person after a 10 minute "on hold" wait. I ordered 6 items, some Yamaha and some Honda, and they held the complete order until it was complete. Ordered on April 17th and received the order on May 13th. Very bad service! I placed another order on April 23rd and am still waiting on 2 Yamaha items. All their website tells me is "not shipped yet".

My lesson learned from this....... only buy Suzuki parts, and from Parts Outlaw!
      Ron
      When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
      1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
      1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
      1982 GS1100E
      1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

I just ordered and received some parts from "suzukiPARTSnation.com" with all good results and reasonable shipping time.

Comment

Lately, I've been ordering from partsoutlaw.com. Always $4.99 shipping, with the code at the top of their page. I placed 2 orders since the COVID lockdown. First one took exactly 2 weeks, with 1 item backordered, that took an extra few days. Last order was bigger, took 11 days, with 2 items backordered (I'm guessing, no mention of missing items on the packing list. I have to call). So, while better that BB, I think most parts places will be experiencing issues. But at least with PartsOutlaw, so far, I've been able to get someone on the phone when I've called.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

BikeBandit is headquartered in California where the government has come down hard on "non essential" businesses, even to the point of prosecuting some. I don't know to what extent BB is affected but suspect it's considerable. Since tubes and rim strips are consumables I'd just look for one you can get more quickly and move on. If the BB package ever shows up you could try refusing it or just take it and use the parts as spares.
            Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

After a month without hearing anything I just went down the street and picked up the tube one from a local shop. Should have done that to start with. I really just wish they could have let me know so I didn't keep saying to myself "it will only be a few more days".

Humorously enough, I just got an automated follow up email "How did you like the reflective bolts?" that still have yet to ship...
              1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
              1977 GS550
              1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Yes, I ordered a tach cable on May 3rd.
                Gave up and ordered one on ebay May 18, that's already shipped.
                They have a notice up about CV delays. Not surprised about the delay, California…
                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

I spent 20 minutes on hold yesterday, just to see if someone would eventually answer. They didn't! So......I sent an email requesting the delivery date for the last order I ever place with Bike Bandit!

(Order was placed April 23rd)

And of course, I haven't heard from them!

Customer No-Service at its best!
                  Last edited by 1978GS750E; 05-20-2020, 12:30 PM.
                  Ron
                  When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
                  1982 GS1100E
                  1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Well it has been over 4 weeks and still no parts from Bike Bandit! And........ still no response to my email requesting a delivery date. What terrible customer no-service!
                    Ron
                    1982 GS1100E
                    1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

I have seen other mention occasional deals on things like tires, riding gear, etc., but I came to the conclusion a LONG time ago that they must have earned the BANDIT part of their name by selling bike parts.

I have about a dozen vendors on my favorites list for Suzuki parts. Bike Bandit is consistently the second-most-expensive, and only recently has given up on their own part numbering scheme and started using official numbers.

Yeah, the few times I had ordered from them they seemed to ship a lot quicker than others, so I suspect they either have their own stock or are next door to the OEM warehouse and don't have to wait for shipping.

Thanks for the caution, sam000lee, but I stopped using them a LONG time ago.

sigpic
                      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride
                      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I gave up on Bike Bandit a year or so ago. Long shipping lead times. Right now, Partzilla is not any better. Still waiting on parts to ship, ordered over two weeks ago.
                        1978 GS1000E
                        1980 GS1000S (Wes Cooley Replica)
                        1981 GS1100E
                        1982 GS1100E
                        1982 GS1000SZ
                        1983 GS1100ED
                        1983 GS1100ESD
                        1978 Honda CB750K
                        1981 Honda CB900F

Comment

covid19 seriously folks expect delays.
                          bb has outrageous prices plus uses rapacious brokerage for shipments here.

parts outlaw for the win
                          1983 GS 550 LD
                          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Finally received an email reply from customer no-service:

Hello,

Your parts have been released to us and we are currently waiting for them to be received into our warehouse. Due to California work restrictions we have been short staffed and have been experiencing delays in getting parts to our warehouse and received but should hope to see them be received soon. Once received and shipped, you will get an updated email with your tracking information.

Thank you and we apologize for the delays regarding this order.

Basically, who the #$%* knows when I'll get my parts!
                            Ron
                            1982 GS1100E
                            1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Haven't ordered from them in a while, but have used partsfish.com it the past. I don't know if their prices have went up, or if their shipping is affected by the 'rona, but their prices were on average, with shipping, some of the lowest. Bike Bandit wants waaaay too much for their parts.

Comment

Working...
                              X