No announcement yet.

Current state of Bikebandit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it's been 5 weeks since I placed my order and still no parts, not even on the way to me! Looks like they may set a record for worst motorcycle parts delivery time for me, EVER!

At least I know it's the last order I'll ever place with them!
    Ron
    When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
    1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
    1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
    1982 GS1100E
    1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

I'm in it for the long haul. I did finally receive my riding pants that I ordered. (5 weeks) I'm still waiting on the Shoei face shield... Well, the riding pants have to go back for a exchange. I tried calling them today and was put on hold. After the third time the forman gave me a dirty look because my machine was sitting idle, I hung up. I did send them a e-mail. They sent me a e-mail back saying they got my e-mail... After all this, I think I'm done with Bike Bandit. I don't know, maybe it's Covid related? Other mail order companies have been up to par for me lately...

Remember ordering from Dennis Kirk? Man, I had it down. First, the catalogue I'm ordering from. Then page number, then part number. Next, page number, part number... "Yes, and could you send that C.O.D". (who does that anymore)! Then you would wait 7-10 days for the UPS man. He might as well been Santa Claus to me, that's how jacked up I'd be! Yep, those were the days. ��
      Last edited by storm 64; 05-28-2020, 07:30 PM.
      My Motorcycles:
      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
      79 1000e (all original)
      82 850g (all original)
      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Hey Norm, Iron Pony is only an hour south of you (or so)
        sigpic
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
          Hey Norm, Iron Pony is only an hour south of you (or so)
          Yes, but Iron Pony doesn't carry my brand. "Oxford" out of England. The only company that has my size, as I am a short fellow. They have a 29" inseam. A lot of the different brands are way to long... The ones I ordered were a little to snug around the waistline. I gave them the size jeans I buy at Walmart. They go by actual size using a tape measure! Can you imagine that? 🤔
          My Motorcycles:
          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)
          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I think all of you have misjudged how seriously the Covid issue has affected online retailers

Parts haven't been coming from China and Japan for months. Manufacturers there were shut down earlier this year and shipping lines also
            US warehouses are more or less bare
            Online retailers have been closed, or remotely working. Their warehouses are bare

A local online motorcycle store has back orders over a month due to the above

I doubt the issues you are experiencing are limited to Bike Bandit. Especially since they're in CA
            1978 GS 1000 (since new)
            1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
            1978 GS 1000 (parts)
            1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
            1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
            1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
            2007 DRz 400S
            1999 ATK 490ES
            1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
              I think all of you have misjudged how seriously the Covid issue has affected online retailers

Parts haven't been coming from China and Japan for months. Manufacturers there were shut down earlier this year and shipping lines also
              US warehouses are more or less bare
              Online retailers have been closed, or remotely working. Their warehouses are bare

A local online motorcycle store has back orders over a month due to the above

I doubt the issues you are experiencing are limited to Bike Bandit. Especially since they're in CA

naw thats all a scam.......................wait no its actually an unoprecedented event and has shocked the entire suply chain worldwide.
              But hey a pair of pants didnt arive so lets bash a vendor the employess of which are working under who knows what difficult conditions.
              1983 GS 550 LD
              2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

They charged my credit card for parts the day I ordered, that system works damn good still. I'm waiting for an RMA to return some parts and no idea when I'll get my proper stuff.

Bike bandit is a good name. Last time I shop with them.
                1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
                1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Then they should not take orders if they cant fill them. We will find someone who does business differently.

Comment

Well it's been 6 weeks now and still no parts! Man these guys are working really hard to make sure I never buy from them again! Hell, I've sold the bike that the parts were going on!

I'm sure the new owner doesn't mind waiting!

Oh, and the new owner asked for a good source for Yamaha parts........guess who got mentioned "NOT" to buy from???
                    Ron
                    When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
                    1982 GS1100E
                    1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Hmmmm....I ordered some hood struts for the Abarth on 23rd, from China.
                      Got to Portland on the 27th, and they are out for delivery today.
                      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I'm at 2 week so far . I'm willing to give them a few more days but the lack of email response is concerning. I need to return 80 dollars worth of parts, I might be stuck with for a while.
                        The credit card charges can be reversed. That might get noticed. I've bough onlijne from a lot of vendors and nothing like this has happened.

Comment

Well, I gotta give a shout out to Parts Outlaw. Ordered parts to rebuild my cam chain tensioner on May 25th and received them on June 5th, thats 9 working days! Including shipping time from Florida.

By comparison, I ordered a spacer and dust cover from Bike Bandit on April 23rd, and still NO PARTS! That's 31 working days ......and counting! NEVER AGAIN!
                          Last edited by 1978GS750E; 06-06-2020, 08:51 AM.
                          Ron
                          1982 GS1100E
                          1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Originally posted by 1978GS750E View Post
                            Well, I gotta give a shout out to Parts Outlaw. Ordered parts to rebuild my cam chain tensioner on May 25th and received them on June 5th, thats 9 working days! Including shipping time from Florida.

By comparison, I ordered a spacer and dust cover from Bike Bandit on April 23rd, and still NO PARTS! That's 31 working days ......and counting! NEVER AGAIN!
                            I like PartsOutlaw, they are very customer service oriented. The CSR (Customer Service Rep) would go out of their way to explain the order and ship time and the pieces in between that caused delays.

Consolidating items into one shipment was my situation. When I ordered, I put lots of items in my CART and not everything was located in one warehouse. Some of it had to come from Japan...like my ignition switch...I remember that distinctively.

I would recommend PartsOutlaw!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Well it's been 7 weeks and still no parts! But, I did get an automated email telling me that they have no friggin' idea when my parts will ship! Boy, that's customer no-service at it's best! NEVER AGAIN!
                              Ron
                              1982 GS1100E
                              1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Man they must really want to remind me of their awful service! I just got another automated email telling me they have no idea when I will get my parts!

What a joke! NEVER AGAIN!
                                Ron
                                1982 GS1100E
                                1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Working...
                                X