No announcement yet.

Welp, not a good end to the day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely sore today, heh. I have no evidence of this, but i suspect she might have had a drink in her system.....She had been at her son's house and was headed back to her own house around the corner.... The son showed up at the scene and he seemed a bit tipsy and evasive. With all the covid stuff, lotsa day-drinking going on around these parts. Just saying it wouldn't surprise me.

Dave, this was on river road at Pillon, right in the residential section as you are headed out towards camp. I was on cruise mode headed home, doing the speed limit as I see no need to hammer it on the straightaways.....I always pay pretty close attention in that stretch 'cause there is ALWAYS someone doing something stupid in there, usually near the mobile home community. This one snuck up on me though....

Definitely considering ABS for the next bike, and a headlight modulator too. Dunno if it would have made a difference, buuut....
    1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Sorry to hear that. May your bike rust in peace. I know how you feel. I got totally bummed just putting a dent in the tank of my Suzuki. If I ever totalled it, I'd be in a state of depression. Hang in there, get better, and see what door opens after this one closes.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
      Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Glad you're ok. Sorry about the bike
        1984 GS550ES
        Rebuild in progress....

1983 GS750ES
        4700 miles

1978 GS1000E...Resto-mod to come

Comment

There must have been an easier way to make her acquaintance.....

Comment

Really, with a little planning you could have managed to "meet" her a bit less violently.
            Expecting the Spanish Inquisition
            1981 GS850G: the Ratzuki
            1981 GS1100E

Comment

heh, yeah, I would have done it differently but she wasn't really my type.
              1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Well, you could consider parting it out. Likely make more of your money back out of her. Plenty of people around here could use some parts. Just a thought. Not trying to be a vulture here, but I could be interested in the whole bike if the engine is good...
                '83 GS 1100T
                The Jet

sigpic
                '95 GSXR 750w
                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by greg78gs750 View Post
                  heh, yeah, I would have done it differently but she wasn't really my type.
                  Kinda…I know I'd rather meet a woman who was 50 but looked 35.
                  Reminds me, I met a very nice lady at Grattan who found me interesting. She didn't look a day more than 30 years my junior.
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                  1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                  1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                  1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Buffalo Bill said:

"Kinda…I know I'd rather meet a woman who was 50 but looked 35.

Reminds me, I met a very nice lady at Grattan who found me interesting. She didn't look a day more than 30 years my junior."

So did you break her leg?
                    Expecting the Spanish Inquisition
                    1981 GS850G: the Ratzuki
                    1981 GS1100E

Comment

Late to the party here, but I do want to affirm that this sucks. I have some attachment to that bike too, and I'm sad to hear it's wrecked.

Good job being protected. Maybe not a good job on the braking; we all probably need more drilling on emergency stops. But that's the problem with a left turner. You can't be good enough on the brakes. Vision is our only hope.

Well, I hope everyone manages to come out of this without significant permanent damage. Now that you've survived one crash, don't crash again, OK?
                      Dogma
                      --
                      O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                      '80 GS850 GLT
                      '80 GS1000 GT
                      '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Yeah, looking at the skid mark as I pass to and from work every day, not sure even ABS would have helped, and if I had kept the bike upright I might have hit her with my body and not been flung clear of the mechanical mess. I had less room to work with than I remembered.... Just thankful I'm ok.
                        1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Yeah, looking at the skid mark as I pass to and from work every day, not sure even ABS would have helped, and if I had kept the bike upright I might have hit her with my body and not been flung clear of the mechanical mess. I had less room to work with than I remembered.... Just thankful I'm ok.
                          Yes. The good news is that YOU avoided the collision.

Still doing okay?

How are other things proceeding?

Past by your camp the other day on way to Newaygo. Was about mid afternoon, middle of work day.
                          Was construction season on US31 and River Road, so headed back on other route.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Sorry to hear this Greg. Glad you're OK and only sore. I know how it is with other riders. I see one and tend to think, they're different than cagers and they will see me and not do anything dumb. Unfortunately, sometimes they do, just not as often as cagers. heh Rider saying I heard a long time ago is; there are no friendlies. You are always the same target. Hope for the best, expect the worst.
                            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Greg,

I just heard about this today. Such a shame for both you and the bike. I would much rather destroy a brand new bike than a nice vintage one. You can just go out and buy another new one, vintage bukes are gone forever. Hopefully you'll be able to provide some parts to others that will help resurrect other vintage bikes. I know you had a lot of nice stuff on the 1100.

Thanks,
                              Joe
                              IBA# 24077
                              '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
                              '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
                              '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

. . . . . . . .

Dave, this was on river road at Pillon, right in the residential section as you are headed out towards camp.................

Definitely considering ABS for the next bike, and a headlight modulator too. Dunno if it would have made a difference, buuut....
                                Greg,

Was out that way the other day (see "went for ride"). Didnt remember the intersection street name, but was looking at some of those intersections and pondering.

Thought of swinging thru the camp, but was early afternoon..... and I dont like that tall RT on dirt/gravel roads (hard pack okay, but that looked kinda soft in places).... and didnt want to add to your annoyance by having to look at a bike.

Saw your posting about parting the ES - - sad.
                                How did it proceed that you have the bike to part out?

Hey, ABS and modulator, you say, the RT likely to be for sale at some point. hee hee
                                Last edited by Redman; 09-26-2020, 02:14 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X