No announcement yet.

The Mule has been traded!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here it is as it sits right now. To tell you the truth I like it better naked, the bags that are on it now are the ones I had on the GS450. There's a set of stock bags and a trunk which are all a different color, I'm going to patch up the holes on those the next couple of days and put a coat of bed liner on them. Still have my National Cycle Plexifairing to go on too, in 90+ degree weather it's off for good reason. IMG_20200704_185832563_HDR.jpg
    1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
    1982 GS450txz (former bike)
    LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

ah! looking good! I like the naked Goldwing- quite attractive...I'd be watching out for some $30 Harley mufflers though, if they're not too long to jam on after the bend....

Comment

Did some horse trading and have a set here, the pipes would need to be reworked to get them to clear the swingarm. Glass packs may not be the right term here, they're 10" baffles wrapped in fiberglass. So far with it being 90+ degrees out I've been riding without the windshield or a helmet, the volume isn't hardly noticeable on the interstate running 75 mph. It's a bit loud for my liking in town, the neighbors don't need to know when I'm coming and going but for now I'm going to run what I've got. After over a month of wrenching and fiddling, I've had enough for the time being.

Comment

You ride without a helmet?
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Yep, although most of the time I do wear it. Since I travel as much as I do it's easier to get used to it than worry whether or not Barney Fife wants to pull me over and write a ticket to help fund the police department.

Comment

I'd say getting used to it is a matter of self-preservation.
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

Funny thing about not being afraid of dying, you become not afraid to live by proxy.

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
                  Funny thing about not being afraid of dying, you become not afraid to live by proxy.
                  Funny thing about not wanting to live as a vegetable: We're not plants.
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

I'll just leave this here:
                    matrix-fear.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                      You ride without a helmet?
                      Yep, although most of the time I do wear it.

I'd say getting used to it is a matter of self-preservation.
                      Funny thing about not wanting to live as a vegetable: We're not plants.
                      I have met LAB3 in person. I am happy to say that he is an adult, and has evidently made an informed decision.
                      If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

Originally posted by Who Dat? View Post

I have met LAB3 in person. I am happy to say that he is an adult, and has evidently made an informed decision.
                        Riding without a helmet is a stupid decision.
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

So is being a hardliner that wants to control what others do as opposed to living their own life.

Comment

Riding without a helmet is a stupid decision.
                            I agree that it is probably not the best decision, but I have met LAB3, too, and agree that he is adult enough to know what <might> happen in the event of a mishap.

GS1150Pilot, may I respectfully ask if you ALWAYS wear ALL the gear ALL the time? Yes, I'm asking about helmet, armored riding jacket (mesh or leather), armored riding pants (mesh or leather), over-the-ankle armored boots and armored gloves?

If you skimp out on any one of them, you are technically in the same boat as LAB3 skipping out on the helmet, no matter how you try to rationalize your decision.

Personally, I have worked in and around hospitals since January, 1973. I have ridden motorcycles since 1975. I have had a few get-offs, some with a helmet, some without. Given the choice, I would rather crash with a helmet, but also given the choice, I would rather not crash in the first place. I am thankful that I live in a state that does not mandate helmet use. I agree that it's a better choice, but don't like being forced to wear one.

LAB3, I support your right to make an informed decision.

sigpic
                            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride
                            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                              LAB3, I support your right to make an informed decision.
                              Unfortunately, I think LAB3 may be talking about masks and Corona. (Fear mongering, freedom of choice.)

LAB3, you're scaring me.
                              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I'll just leave this here:
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]61326[/ATTACH]
                                What a load of BS....LOL....
                                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Working...
                                X