1980 Gs1000G SIGHT GLASS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 Gs1000G SIGHT GLASS

Looking for a US source for replacement sight glass for my cast (not plastic) front master cylinder 1980 gs1000g reply bmoas@yahoo.com

Don’t know about US. I bought one on eBay for $.99. It was perfect. It did come from somewhere in Asia, and that was pre-COVID so YMMV.

if your window is 18mm diam. This should work. https://www.ebay.com/itm/123380233438

Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 06-14-2020, 02:51 PM.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Thank you, I am trying to get some riding in this summer the ebay ones are saying september delivery was hoping to find a dealer with a NOS on the shelf but thank you for letting me know the china ones work

Comment

Find a small piece of Lexan (yes, it's plastic), cut it to the approximate size, file or sand it round, then epoxy it into the opening. Let the epoxy set for a day, then use the master cylinder as normal. Not knowing how far away the Lexan might be, your repair (not counting the epoxy curing time) might be anywhere from half an hour to a couple of hours. Certainly quicker than September.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

thank you I also considered just closing the hole with some epoxy, it isnt that much trouble to take the lid off a couple of times a summer to check, if it is leaking, you woul see it, if its not leaking it shoulnt go own too fast

Comment

Working...
          X