Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Ever Track Day @ 55yrs and 345 days old.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Ever Track Day @ 55yrs and 345 days old.

As per the title I will riding my GS1000 at Brands Hatch, Kent. UK on the 20th August. I have never been on a track day and am really looking forward to it also it's 20 days before my 56th birthday.

I am a member of the Bike Shed MCC and they have hired Brands Hatch Race track for the day just for members. Have a look https://thebikeshed.cc/bike-shed-moto-track-day/ but basicaly it's a day for inapropriate bikes so no sports or super nakeds.

It should be a jolly good day out.
    Jeff

Living the dream...

1980 GS1000 that has been modestly modified.

What an excellent birthday present.
    Make sure to take lots of pics for yourself and us to see.
    The fact that it is on such an iconic track only adds to the cool factor. I got to do 6? laps on Mosport a couple years ago. Been seeing and reading about racing of all sorts on it for decades, so it was wonderful to actually turn a wheel on it.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Woohoo!

Have a blast and ride safe! Also, happy Birthday!!!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Awesome! Let us know how it goes.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Congrats, at least you're getting the experience while you're still young!!!
          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Looks like a good event for newbees.
            It's just as much fun for old guys like me @ 66.
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Dingle Dell on a GS 1000, awesome!

Heading to the Ridge Motorsports Park tomorrow for my 1st trackday of the year.
              GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

I'll be riding along in spirit.
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Hey Rob, how's the progress? Haven't asked in a while.
                  1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Thanks everyone and I will definitely take lots of pics.

I've also tried my full leathers on for the 1st time in a while and it would appear that I need more cow at the front.. My wife took a picture and is still laughing even now.

The story of my bike is https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...sx1100-project and I am hoping to have the bike back this week so I can finish off the upgrades.

Not long now.
                    Jeff

Living the dream...

Comment

Shrunk in the cupboard, mate. It happens to all leathers.
                      ---- Dave
                      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                        Shrunk in the cupboard, mate. It happens to all leathers.
                        Dave, it appears to be the case...

Jeff
                        Jeff

Living the dream...

Comment

Fantastic!
                          Leaving the garage it is easy to tell there is a giant grin on your mug.

How sore were you the next day.
                          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Pretty bike! I didn't know that tank would fit on the 8V frame. The case guards look like they're using up a lot of cornering clearance. Mine are much more conformal to the covers, and I can get the bike over to about 45°, as you can now see in the Gingerman thread. BTW, I'm jealous. Brand's Hatch!
                            Dogma
                            --
                            O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                            '80 GS850 GLT
                            '80 GS1000 GT
                            '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Working...
                            X