making sticky posts pop out more and new user post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

making sticky posts pop out more and new user post

we all know that questions that have been asked on here once have been asked many times (me too obviously) and that there are reference posts for these exact questions that have been commonly asked, but my thing is i always skip over them because the post in whatever section looks basically the exact same as the rest of the posts, i know they are there but i forget them so easily so i dont even think about them. im thinking the whole block around the post could be highlighted gold and the letters be a bit bigger of a size and more thick lettering.

its not that i cant read them, its that the gold around it and thick lettering would want to make somebody click it because it obviously stands out from the rest so it must be something more important; maybe it ties in more with my generation (20 yrs old) but plenty of people around my age or whatever age are gonna pick up these bikes and need to work on them and it would just make whatever important post so obvious to click in its section youd be more likely to check it out.

kinda a user friendly thing i guess but i think the little change in colour and lettering could make more of a convenience to check out the post.

also i know there are posts about what to use on your bike and what common procedures or replacements to do to your GS but i think itd be nice to have a post that would list out what to look for and good sites to get it, i know this is a very general post idea but i think that getting all the general questions that are asked about our bike out of the way and having LINKS of what to get would just make it all more user friendly, this post is about user friendly things obviously.

just things like oil and whatever fluids u use, commonly replaced parts and a good replacement that may be a good amount cheaper than oem, it could also help branch out the people on here who are common part sellers by linking whatever they would like to be contacted from if they want to be a part of it, what to buy used and what not to buy used, and good oem part sellers like partsoutlaw.com

i totally wouldnt mind helping out but i also think there could be polls hosted for certain things to have multiple answers of what you could use as a replacement/ fluid.

being that many people on here may have been on here for a while you probably wouldn't need this post at all but thinking about new people entering this it could be a big boost in the beginning of finding this forum to make the process of getting that old GS to run like a sewing machine.

again wouldnt mind helping at all if it would somehow be allowed, i guess i could make the post but the thing is im still learning about my bike as i go and i still ask plenty of questions so i dont think id be the best candidate to sort out what to buy.

edit:maybe two posts for this idea, one what to buy and where to buy it, and another that lists all common procedures done on these bike, the carb clean and rebuild, the valve adjustment, testing stator and r/r. and i know all these posts are here but one page would just be great having all the most used info from here, and give the people who made the posts or tutorials recognition by leaving their signature next to the slice of info they gave to us.
    Last edited by timebombprod; 07-16-2020, 05:54 AM.
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
    1982 XS650

Basscliff’s site has a lot of that already. Also, remember we are an international group and what you can buy where for someone in the states is not the same as someone overseas. Whatever post you would have made must take that into account and differentiate from Florida to Norway to Malaysia (wonder whatever happened to the guy from there)
    sigpic
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

The search function always worked for me....
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
        Basscliff’s site has a lot of that already. Also, remember we are an international group and what you can buy where for someone in the states is not the same as someone overseas. Whatever post you would have made must take that into account and differentiate from Florida to Norway to Malaysia (wonder whatever happened to the guy from there)
        Yes that is true and I'd like to think with atleast the suggestions of what to get they'd have somewhere to start if a link for there country isnt posted it's more just really giving a list or agenda of what you would want to be looking for and what works the best from experience
        Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
        1982 XS650

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
          The search function always worked for me....
          I understand that but I think a post of the most useful information you can gather from here all together would make for a great base for people to come here and start off of.

Kinda like a list youd get from a teacher when you start a school year, you get a base of what youd need if you dont already have it (or in this case dont need work) and the only questions sprung from there would be from learning by working on the subject (bike).
          Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
          1982 XS650

Comment

Working...
          X